Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

K7 rage

I'm starting to become frustrated with the lack of decent choices in 10-11spd cassettes, esp. the latter one.

I can't stand 2t jumps, I'm just too sensitive.

My favourite 10spd choice is a 13-26, with 50t large chainring at the front (and I have a 39t small, because I do a lot of cruising with 39-15, which is perfectly comfortable for 30kph).

For 9spd I run a 14-26, and I rarely miss the 13t, I need that gear seldom. 

On 11speed, there is an option for 14-26 (ultegra), but I cannot seem to find 13-29 or other fine increment choices. a 12t starter is not an option, because I rarely use the 13t, a 12t would function only as a "gear for storage".

why there is no option for a 13-29 or similar in 11speed? this is the only thing which holds me back from converting...

I cannot live without a 14-15-16-17-18-19 cluster in my cassette.. 

why manufacturers forcing those incredibly ridiculous cassettes with huge jumps and useless gears?

occasionally I go to slovakian mountains for some elevation, and I'm perfectly fine with a 26t largest, though my cadence with it is a bit.. slow.  1  and I never needed to pedal downhill, because gravity works pretty damn well up to 80-85kph. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Strathbean | 6 years ago
0 likes

bbb also make cassettes with that sort of range. 

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/bbb-11spd-cassette-shimano-road

kevvjj | 6 years ago
0 likes

Have a look here:

https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/products/miche-11-speed-primato-custom-cass...

Should be able to get what you want.

Jimmy Ray Will | 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm fairly sure Sram do a 12-26 cassette, which I think includes the key parts. Maybe not the 18 thinking about it.

Jimmy Ray Will | 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm fairly sure Sram do a 12-26 cassette, which I think includes the key parts. Maybe not the 18 thinking about it.

Latest Comments