Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giant TCR ISP length - help needed

I'm hoping there are a few TCR owners out there with a size large frame and a tape measure  1

I am thinking of buying a TCR Advanced SL frame online but can't find detailed measurements anywhere and need to know the distance from base of chainring to top of ISP to see if it will fit in my bike box.

Anybody out there who could measure one for me??

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

peted76 | 6 years ago
0 likes

lolz.. the penny drops! 

Don't forget the ISP Topper is very easily removed so a bit like a seat post you can 'remove' about 4cm of topper plus the depth of your saddle (estimate 4cm)

gimrie | 7 years ago
0 likes

That's a great idea. Not sure why I didn't think of that myself. It should give me the rough measurement that I need.

Thanks  3

peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

That doesn't make sense to me, if the maximum ISP length is say.. 50cm and you cut it down to 20cm then your query simply about the ISP length doesn't add up.

My idea for you is to measure your existing bikes bottom of the chainring to saddle top and that measurement will be the same on your new bike (thereabouts a few mm I'd imagine).  

As your legs don't change length between bikes that seems far more sensible.

peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Doesn't the answer depend on how long you cut the ISP down to?

They come waaay longer than any normal person would wish for.. then there's the 20mm up movement in the topper...  sorry I can't be more helpful.

gimrie replied to peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

peted76 wrote:

Doesn't the answer depend on how long you cut the ISP down to?

They come waaay longer than any normal person would wish for.. then there's the 20mm up movement in the topper...  sorry I can't be more helpful.

Yes, but I have to buy the bike before cutting the post so wanted to base my calculations on the maximum it could possibly be just to get a rough idea. If it's too big then I need to do some more calculations or actually go and try one for size.

Latest Comments