Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro d'Italia 2017

When does the fantasy competition open up for the Giro d'Italia?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hi arsene,

Gaviria points are fine.  Only the top 3 in an intermediate sprint are awarded points.

On the budget, we value riders before each competition and then set the budget accordingly.  There's still a lot to think about, and it's often not about just selecting the favourites, it's picking the others from stage to stage.  Sometimes the budget's tight, sometimes not so much.

Glad you're enjoying the game! I quite like it too  4

arsene replied to Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Hi arsene,

Gaviria points are fine.  Only the top 3 in an intermediate sprint are awarded points.

On the budget, we value riders before each competition and then set the budget accordingly.  There's still a lot to think about, and it's often not about just selecting the favourites, it's picking the others from stage to stage.  Sometimes the budget's tight, sometimes not so much.

Glad you're enjoying the game! I quite like it too  4

Ah thanks for clarifying Andy! Yeah it's prob because I only play purist then. Maybe just my personal preference too. But for the last couple races I could pretty much select whoever I wanted so it felt a little like making an allstar team.

Fair enough, I still didn't score like I wanted to for Romandie but that was only a test for the Giro 

arsene | 6 years ago
0 likes

I hope this doesn't come off in a bad way, just my thoughts on the game now. Still the best fantasy game of all time and the work of you guys is very much appreciated.

arsene | 6 years ago
0 likes

Or like when you have to choose between the two favorites 

arsene | 6 years ago
0 likes

Btw it's still super fun to play but it's like you can pick whoever you want now. I don't really like this as most players will have the same riders so it's not so much about carefully scouting and analyzing riders and stages anymore to get that edge with a 4.6 rider.

arsene | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hi guys,

I'm back in the game for the Giro after a long hiatus. So hopefully my question is asked in the right place and doesn't seem too stupid 

Intermediate sprints are still counted right? If so isn't Gaviria missing +2 from the Etna stage? He only scored 3 for his overall position in the sprint classification.

ben_hawley | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hi folks,

All back up, scores and leagues should be up to date and DNFs from yesterday removed from the roster. Apologies for the downtime, and thanks for your patience  1

Ben

chrisdstripes | 6 years ago
0 likes

Looks like we're back and plenty of time before the window - panic over...

RainbowSpirit | 6 years ago
0 likes

I hope I got my transfers through about 8 hours ago, or did I?

enrique | 6 years ago
0 likes

Wow. It's still down... Will we neutralize the stage?... 

1wrangler | 6 years ago
0 likes

I hope someone is working on this. Those of us on the American side of the pond don't have the luxury of doing transfers in the morning. Can anyone let us know what the status is?

howay blyth | 6 years ago
0 likes

Still down, I'm in danger of having a squad of climbers for a sprinter's stage!

MinardiM189 | 6 years ago
3 likes

The site is currently sating -

" Fantasy Cycling 2017 will open on 9 January

We're currently working to update the game engine for the 2017 season. Please check back in the new year! "

I am unable to login and make any transfers.  2

Hopefully it will be sorted before the stage deadline

Sniffer | 6 years ago
0 likes

Is the fantasy cycling game down. Planning my transfers, but unable to at the moment. I will try again in the morning.

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
1 like

We'll look to open it sometime late next week probably, or just once there is a more complete startlist posted.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Latest Comments