Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Look what I've got involved in, Aberystwyth way...

I'm helping out at AberCycleFest again. It's an annual event. They don't have the Tour Series this year, but they're still holding the Crits around the town, thanks to support from Ceredigion Council.

Never done MTBing, TTing, Crit Racing, Hill Climbing, CX, Roller Racing, or a Wild West Sportive? Why not head to glorious Aberystwyth in May to try them all? Or watch the experts?

Seriously, there's something for everyone, and it's a great seaside town to spend a bank holiday at.

Quote:

"The eighth Aberystwyth Cycle Festival starts on Sunday 21st of May in 2017 with a week of activities leading up to the big weekend.

Timetable [provisional]:

Sunday 21st May - Welsh MTB XC Series - Round 3. Nant-yr-Arian
Monday 22nd May - MTB evening ride at Nant yr Arian
Tuesday 23rd May - Roller Racing & Social Evening
Wednesday 24th May - 10 mile Time Trial with Ystwyth Cycling Club
Thursday 25th May - Film night & Q&A with special guest.
Friday 26th May - Aberystwyth Town Centre Criterium Races - see link
Saturday 27th May - Hill Climb Knockout Cup - Pro's vs Locals
Saturday 27th May - Conquer the Cliff Downhill Race at Constitution Hill
Sunday 28th May - Continental Welsh Wild West Sportive
Tuesday 30th May - GoMTB & CycloCross - Blaendolau Fields. Come & Try MTB riding - for all ages"

Link for more info about the Crits: http://www.abercyclefest.com/news/aberystwyth-seafront-criteriums-regist...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

dottigirl | 7 years ago
1 like

I may be slightly biased, but I'd highly recommend it. I'm from there originally, and could be moving back in the near future. A large part of that decision is the very good local club - Ystwyth have some very active members in several disciplines.

Took some pics last year of the MTB event, some of the sportive route, Aber and the locals:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/102104766@N08/sets/72157666334110484/

Itching to get back there now.

brooksby | 7 years ago
2 likes

I haven't been back to Aber since I was a student there in the early nineties.  This might tempt me...

Simon E | 7 years ago
2 likes

Nice one.

There's a real buzz around Aber during the festival, and it's a lovely place for a break.

The sportive routes take you through some beautiful countryside and afterwards you can have chips on the prom as the sun goes down over the sea.

Latest Comments