Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Can you beat the Hovis lad?

A few wee climbs of interest. I wonder if any of you have ridden them? Just check your brakes before you descend. Just how did the baker's boy stop himself without disc brakes?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38568893

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

beezus fufoon | 7 years ago
0 likes

of course I can beat him... low carb, high protien diet... bread on the head mother loving postal steel frame with mudguards 38 mm wholegrain eating disc brake son of an albanian alpaca sheep herding pigeon keeping whippet racing cap wearing sell out to the evil bread making industrial-militaristic complex promoting... how do you liek them apples mofo utterly buttery disk brake squealing in teh wet sintered pads - say no more say no more child labour advertisers dream child bread promoting peter saganesque epo drizzler...

ask miguel indurain

Edgeley | 7 years ago
1 like

What is with the BBC giving the incline in degrees?  Weird.  1 in 5 I could get.  20%.  But 18 degrees?

peted76 | 7 years ago
2 likes

I like a good hill like the next cyclist, but 22 percent.. those hills can jog on... 

Yorkshire wallet | 7 years ago
9 likes

Just how did the baker's boy stop himself without disc brakes?

He didn't. He died of typhus before he reached the bottom. Times were hard back then.

Latest Comments