Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Trans Pyrenees in 6 days

Oh Wise Ones,

Me and a Spanish pal have decided to cross the Pyrenees this summer. I can't find much in English online. There are 100 hour supported dashes and some long tours that take in every single col, but nothing in between. Does anyone have any advice?

Specifically:

Out from the UK on the boat to San Sebastian and back from Gerona by train and then the ferry Dieppe-Newhaven. He'll take the train Gerona-Barcelona and then fly home to Tenerife...

Buy a £30 bike bag in Decathlon Gerona for the TGV. It's occured to me that stuff ordered online from Decathlon sits there waiting for you, like having a postal dropbox in a foreign town  1

Bike Express doesn't seem to work with our dates

We will be unsupported. Apidura saddlebag and handlebar bag. Minimal kit. Road bikes (obvs)

Staying in BandBs. Laundry every night, carry warm/evening clothes.

Food from cafes and shops on the way. Take no gels, only a tiny bit of electrolyte powder to add to squash.

We're going 30th May. In 6 days we will need to do 125km day which I think will be 7-8 hours/day. I read in Spring it is best to go Atlantic to Med.

The less we book in advance the more freedom we have to fail (don't want a rigid timetable) but do you think there are enough little hotels out there for us to chance just turning up. In early June?

All help gratefully received

DU

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments