Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris-Nice

Start lists all but confirmed, but there are some last minute changes coming through.  Most notably right now is the absence of Alejandro Valverde who has been announced as suffering from fever.  He's been replaced by Victor De La Parte, but presumably Movistar's race objectives have significantly shifted.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

Condor Andy | 7 years ago
0 likes

Congrats Forza!

Bloody good weeks racing  1

ForzaShels | 7 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Andy

Was wondering where some of my points had vanished to, especially considerin i lost the overall by 4 points. At least it was to another Irishman (though that means i dont win Ireland overall either). Anyways it was an incredible week  of racing, from bruising start to agonising finish. Ireland 1, 2 in the fantasy world, Dan Martin 3rd in the real world and SammyB's stunning stage win. Yeah, i enjoyed that. Rob.

1 like

Minor updates to the stage scores for stages 4, 6 and 7.  The mountains points for the finish line have been removed as per competition rules.  That was an error on my part as we were unsure whether we should score these or not.

triccky100 | 7 years ago
1 like

cheers!

triccky100 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Just checking if Paris-Nice Stage 8 scores will be uploaded, I note the competition has 'ended' on the dashboard but scores are not finalised.

Condor Andy replied to triccky100 | 7 years ago
1 like

triccky100 wrote:

Just checking if Paris-Nice Stage 8 scores will be uploaded, I note the competition has 'ended' on the dashboard but scores are not finalised.

Doing it now triccky, got a little side tracked last night.

0 likes

Apparently there is a jersey for it.  I've just seen it come up on the official live text of today's stage.

tony kappler | 7 years ago
0 likes

Young rider jersey is being scored on road.cc (5,4,3,2,1 points), although at the moment Cort Nielsen is missing his 1 point for stage 1.

0 likes

Matsport also shows young rider jersey list, and it is usually the "go to" site. I reckon the official website hasn't changed its software from last year when there wasn't a young rider jersey.  My opinion is that we should score it, since we said we would, and all indications are that it is "real".  But we need to let players know, since it will affect team selection.

And no, I couldn't find the most aggressive rider.

0 likes

What is happening to the young rider jersey? Paris Nice official site says (under rules) that there is one, but has not included it in the classifications. Cycling news lists "the best young rider". I see that it hasn't been scored.

Condor Andy replied to tony kappler | 7 years ago
0 likes

tony kappler wrote:

What is happening to the young rider jersey? Paris Nice official site says (under rules) that there is one, but has not included it in the classifications. Cycling news lists "the best young rider". I see that it hasn't been scored.

Well I thought that was weird too.  We have it in the scoring options but the Tour website and PCS doesn't include it.  Not sure what the consensus is here.

Likewise the most aggresive rider, couldn't find that either.

0 likes

Couple of last minute changes going in, but nothing too serious.

Danny Van Poppel is out for Sky, replaced by Sebastien Henao.  Elissonde is also out, replaced by Golas.

Latest Comments