Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

My First Road Bike

Hello! I finished building my first roadie last night coming from a background of MTBs.

Short of having a demo Wilier Izoard for a week last month, i've never even ridden one before!

IMAGE(http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/gofasterpinch/IMG_5501.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/gofasterpinch/IMG_5503.jpg)

I bought the frame and some parts from a colleague at work, then ordered a 5700 black 105 groupset.

The wheels are temporary at the moment. They're the first pair i've ever hand built myself, although being built from 2nd hand rims and hubs (for essentially, free) but the rear hub is less than in perfect condition, so i'll be replacing those with the 105 hubs i got as part of my groupset with some open pros laced on them (although i'm welcome to other rim suggestions being a novice)

Cheers

Chris

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Grizzerly | 14 years ago
0 likes

Good Man yourself!!  3
So many people seem to be riding 'off the peg' mass produced bikes these days. In my youth (bloody years ago), it was the sign that you had come of age as a bike rider when you built your own. Riding 'off the peg' was considered to be the mark of a novice.

Fish_n_Chips | 14 years ago
0 likes

16 Stealthy black  16 nice bike!

Some of us use 3M reflective tape on the rim between spokes for night rides.

litespeeddavemira | 14 years ago
0 likes

Thanks. I've built all my MTBs previously but this is my first road build and the first time i've hand built wheels. It's a good feeling ordering all the bits and building it up for definite!

skankin_giant | 14 years ago
0 likes

hmmmm Litespeed  38

Sadly a bit to far out of my budget!

Good job!

Cheers Steve

goinggoingbike | 14 years ago
0 likes

Looks awesome...nice work.

Must be v satisfying to build your own bike?

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

nice place to start...  4

jova54 | 14 years ago
0 likes

Nice bike Chris, stealth black.

No suggestions as I'm drooling too much.  3

Latest Comments