Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Accuracy of temperature sensor?

I have a Sigma BC 16.12 STS and i'm wondering what the accuracy of the temperature is?

I've attempted to look at the manuals and the manufacturer's website but i can't seem to find any accuracy values for any measurements.

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

youngoldbloke | 7 years ago
0 likes

I've got the same Sigma on the winter bike and it is currently reading 43.8'F in the shade. A digital thermometer about 2 feet away reads 46.7'F - I don't know if the digital one is accurate of course ......

. . | 7 years ago
0 likes

The sensor itself is probably pretty accurate, but bike computers, being positioned where they are, are very prone to being warmed by the sun and will often read too high.

Man of Lard | 7 years ago
0 likes

When you find the specification don't confuse the stated values (resolution or precision) for accuracy.

What do I mean? - well they're likely to say something like ±0.1C  - that's almost certain to be the minimum difference in temperatures it will display and nothing to do with whether it reads 20.0°C at 20°C

https://www.ncsu.edu/labwrite/Experimental%20Design/accuracyprecision.htm

Latest Comments