Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stages Gen 2 Power Meter

Bought a Stages Generation 1 power meter, had it replaced by Stages because of the battery issue they had. 

The Stages Gen 2 they sent me seems to be going the same way, battery discharging after one ride. Does anybody have the same issue or have a solution? 

Many thanks 

Chris 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Jeffmcguinness | 7 years ago
0 likes

Hi - any success with battery drain issues?  I have had similar problems and after a few months of backward and forward with stages suppport they have admitted that there are problems with bikes that are left out in the cold (Mine is in a shed).  Quote from them:

"The problem seems to be that the battery, when cold, is not able to supply the current draw required by the power meter on startup. Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the batteries, as the internal resistance of the battery increases when cold. We are working on several solutions to this problem, as it is common in cold climates where bikes are stored outside, but we do not have anything better than keeping the battery warm to minimize the internal resistance at this time."

They are working on a solution though:

"I'm sorry we don't have a better solution. We will be letting everyone know high and low when we have changes to the power meter internals, which is the likely resolution to the problem."

Chops539 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I shall check that. Thanks for replying 

Anthony.C | 7 years ago
0 likes

Have you got the very latest firmware ? 

Latest Comments