Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Castelli Gabba 2

It seems as if the Castelli Gabba 2 is discontinued and so it is proving hard to find my size. Does anyone know if a 3 is coming out, or is there been a Jersey that is able to compete the Gabba 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

Curly | 7 years ago
0 likes

If your struggling to get the Gabba2 jacket, try the Lusso Aqua repel jacket which beat it in test, for £40 less.

http://www.lusso.bike/product/aqua-repel-jacket/

Carton | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, Jack. Was looking at one of these and got a little confused about the fit, but at 6'1", 15+ stone, anything but the XL would be overthinking it.

MoutonDeMontagne | 7 years ago
0 likes

IIRC there's going to be a big Gabba rebranding happening soon, where the short-sleve will just be called the Gabba and everything else becomes the Perfetto range. 

Having said that, Just checked Castelli Cafe and all of the Gabba 2's are in stock. FTIW, I've found that the Gabba 2 material in my LS is stretcher than the old material in my SS, so if you're generally a Large go for a Large, the new one is less tght fitting than the Alpha too. 

IRISHGENIUS replied to MoutonDeMontagne | 7 years ago
0 likes

MoutonDeMontagne wrote:

IIRC there's going to be a big Gabba rebranding happening soon, where the short-sleve will just be called the Gabba and everything else becomes the Perfetto range. 

Having said that, Just checked Castelli Cafe and all of the Gabba 2's are in stock. FTIW, I've found that the Gabba 2 material in my LS is stretcher than the old material in my SS, so if you're generally a Large go for a Large, the new one is less tght fitting than the Alpha too. 

I cant see many of the Gabba 2 long sleave on the Castelli Cafe, unless I am missing something, ceratinly nothing large

mudshark | 7 years ago
0 likes

Is the Gabba 2 much different from the first one?  I am 5'11" 11.4 stone and the large fits me nicely - maybe the medium would be ok as it stretches but the large is fine and a good length.  I also wear Castelli large jerseys but they are noticeably tighter.

Jack Osbourne snr replied to mudshark | 7 years ago
0 likes
mudshark wrote:

Is the Gabba 2 much different from the first one?  I am 5'11" 11.4 stone and the large fits me nicely - maybe the medium would be ok as it stretches but the large is fine and a good length.  I also where Castelli large jerseys but they are noticeably tighter.

Supposedly one of the upgrades in v.2 was a tweak to fit. I can only surmise that that was a slight relaxation.

I was given a large Castelli Jersey as a present last year - I couldn't get close to fitting into it. The Gabba in L was very nearly wearable.

Jack Osbourne snr | 7 years ago
1 like

Just tried on the large. It fitted...

Badly. It gave me moobs I didn't know I had. The super stretchiness did nothing for my nipples.

If I lost a few pounds I'd get into one easily, but since my racing days are long since passed and I'm comfortable being the shape I am, I'll stick with the xl. Might get the weights out to fill the shoulders better though...

BTW I'm 180cm/5'11" 90kg/14st 3lbs 41" Chest and have big legs.

If my chest was half an inch smaller it would have fitted pretty well, if very closely.

The _Kaner | 7 years ago
0 likes

I have a Gabba 2 in size XL in red being returned to PBK.

Brand new unworn  - because the sizing guide is way off, nowhere near Castelli 'usual' sizing (of too small/neat/athletic)!

Neck is about 2 to 3 inches too large in circumference for a nice weather tight fit and the torso is way too long and loose for me...the rear pockets sit right on my arse, I'd prefer them on the small of my back. I fear the L would be almost a perfect fit except for the torso length.

I guess my search for a suitable type jersey (as I'm short arsed/stocky 160cm/40" chest) is to be continued.

I have AGU's (Planet X) wet weather version, in size large, good wind protection, but the water resistance (despite having taped shoulder seams) isn't what I would consider very good in lightish rain - I know there are limitations in heavy rain - but I would have expected more from this.

Also the AGU's pockets appear to be made for children's proportions/portions...I'm concerned that contents are bound to get lost over rougher ground...

Jack Osbourne snr replied to The _Kaner | 7 years ago
0 likes
The _Kaner wrote:

Brand new unworn  - because the sizing guide is way off, nowhere near Castelli 'usual' sizing (of too small/neat/athletic)!

Neck is about 2 to 3 inches too large in circumference for a nice weather tight fit and the torso is way too long and loose for me...the rear pockets sit right on my arse, I'd prefer them on the small of my back. I fear the L would be almost a perfect fit except for the torso length.

I guess my search for a suitable type jersey (as I'm short arsed/stocky 160cm/40" chest) is to be continued.

I'd have taken it off you, but I've got a large and an XL on the way from Wiggle. I'm hoping that I can't get the large zipped up otherwise I may be in a bit of a quandary.

Like I said earlier, I may have bought a few Gabbas in the sales recently...

The _Kaner replied to Jack Osbourne snr | 7 years ago
0 likes

Jack Osbourne snr wrote:
The _Kaner wrote:

I'd have taken it off you, but I've got a large and an XL on the way from Wiggle. I'm hoping that I can't get the large zipped up otherwise I may be in a bit of a quandary. Like I said earlier, I may have bought a few Gabbas in the sales recently...

They are extremely stretchy. I could probably fit into a M based on the fit of the XL, but I'd look like a tomato trying to burst out of it's skin (probably). 

0 likes

Wiggle have the short sleeved version in most colours in both L & XL.

Currently £91.00 each.

I have to admit to having bought a ridiculous number over the last few weeks. So much so that I am seriously considering returning a couple in the name of moral decency.

Best price I managed was a drive blue for £68.

I found the sizing a bit strange by Castelli standards. I'm normally an XL in race fit Castelli, but I find the Gabba just a smidge on the relaxed fit side from what I expected.

kai | 7 years ago
0 likes

Tweeks cycles have the new seasons Gabba2 in stock (as mine arrived yesterday).

0 likes

What size are you looking for?

IRISHGENIUS replied to Jack Osbourne snr | 7 years ago
0 likes

Jack Osbourne snr wrote:

What size are you looking for?

Probably a large although never quite sure if it should be an xl for castelli

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

Have a size S women's version if you want it, worn once, didn't fit the missus enlightened

IRISHGENIUS replied to tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

unconstituted wrote:

Have a size S women's version if you want it, worn once, didn't fit the missus enlightened

Would need to slim down dramtically and have a sex change so i will pass

OnTheRopes | 7 years ago
0 likes

Dunno but I think all Nanoflex stuff has been out of stock for th summer and should be coming in to stock soon for the autumn/winter. At least I found that to be so with the arm warmers.

Latest Comments