Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta Purist

well to keep the forum moving have posted my purist team, gone mainly for climbers, a few Caja Rural who we should hopefully see up the road in breakaways, and a sprinter who has already picked up some nice points!

ALBERTO CONTADOR (TSB)

STEVEN KRUIJSWIJK (TLJ)

MIGUEL ANGEL LOPEZ (AST)

CHRISTOPHER FROOME (SKY)

EDUARD PRADES REVERTE (CJR)

SIMON YATES (OGE)

SERGIO PARDILLA (CJR)

GIANNI MEERSMAN (EQS)

ANDREW TALANSKY (CPC) 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Condor Andy | 7 years ago
0 likes

I didn't take any of Froome, Contador or Quintana.  Happy with the latter two, but Froome looks like he'll have a good race.

Kruijswijk

Chaves

Valverde

Rojas

Meersman

Haig

Lopez

Taaramae

Drucker

chrisdstripes | 7 years ago
0 likes

I kept changing my mind between Contador, Quintana and Froome, and already think I got it wrong. Happy my standard has started well to make up for this lot...

Contador

Chaves

Lopez

Konig

Brambilla

Simon Yates

Atapuma

Pardilla

Meersman

stevemarks | 7 years ago
0 likes

really wanted Valverde but for some reason I cannot explain ended up with;

Froome 

Contador

Chaves

Krusjwijk

Lopez

Haig

Van bilsen

Thwaites

Rossetto

MinardiM189 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Too sprinter heavy for me I think

Contador

Valverde

Chavez

Rojas

Sgaragli

Drucker

Meersman

Battaglin

Hardy

TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Correct, they do some weird combined jersey

Aragonite | 7 years ago
0 likes

Here's mine:- Felline, De Clerc, Gesink, Meersman, Froome, Valverde, Contador, Senechal, and last but not least Sammy Sanchez.

Question to anyone who knows:- Is there no Young Rider comp/jersey?

1wrangler | 7 years ago
0 likes

I also went heavy on climbers. Hard not to, with this course. I added one TT guy, and one sprinter. Of course Meersman looked like a good deal at the cost. Then I took Froome, Contador, Chaves, Sammy Sanchez, Meintjes, De Clerq, Arroyo and then Castroviejo for the TT.

Looks like it'll be a challenge to hold onto the season Purist lead. I'm really hoping Sanchez can do well. Enjoy the race!

Also, I don't know if she reads the forum yet, but I want to welcome my friend BehindBars4Life who just joined, playing her first fantasy game. Go Katie!

triccky100 replied to 1wrangler | 7 years ago
0 likes

1wrangler wrote:

I also went heavy on climbers. Hard not to, with this course. I added one TT guy, and one sprinter. Of course Meersman looked like a good deal at the cost. Then I took Froome, Contador, Chaves, Sammy Sanchez, Meintjes, De Clerq, Arroyo and then Castroviejo for the TT.

Looks like it'll be a challenge to hold onto the season Purist lead. I'm really hoping Sanchez can do well. Enjoy the race!

Also, I don't know if she reads the forum yet, but I want to welcome my friend BehindBars4Life who just joined, playing her first fantasy game. Go Katie!

you are looking  good 1wrangler, I was 2nd on overall purist behind you but dropping like a stone now,  your Chaves/Sanchez/Meintjes combo is looking much stronger than my pick of Kruijswik/Lopez/Yates...

TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Similar to your team in a way. 4 riders the same, Contador, Lopez, Kruijswijk and Meersman.
I have Chaves where you have Froome. Then my downfall could be that ive gone for the breakaways. So where you you have Yates and Talansky I have Fraile and Atapuma, then a couple of nothing guys in Herrada and Senechal where you have Pardilla

Latest Comments