Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

BMC Teammachine SLR03 VS Giant TCR Advanced 2

Hi all,
I want to get a new bike and after doing a bit of research and test riding (other options are Merida Scultura 5000, Cannondale CAAD12, Trek Emonda SL6), I am down to two choices, BMC Teammachine SLR03 105 and Giant TCR Advanced 2. What do you think about each option? Please let me know!

BMC Teammachine SLR03 105:
Price: AUD2299 + 3 free servicing. 
Spec: Carbon frame, fork and steer tube, 105 shifters and derailleur, shimano non-series brakes and crankset.
Pros: Very good handling, almost "stick" to tarmac when cornering. Fast acceleration and keen climber.
Cons: Heavy, and unnecessarily huge cassette (11-32), also pricy for this spec.

Giant TCR Advanced 2:
Price: AUD2299+1 free servicing+$460 worth of goodies that I can choose.
Spec: Carbon frame and fork, hybrid steer tube. Full 105 groupset.
Pros: Eager accelerator, and also good spec for the price.
Cons: Handling is too sensitive that it feels a bit all over the place. And there is no more my size in 2016 model, so I have to buy the expensive 2017 model. 

Greatly appreciate any advices on which bike to choose! Cheers!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

A guy I ride with has a teammachine and I ride a TCR, both are excellent choices IMO.

If the handling is a bit on the edge with the TCR for you then go with the BMC. I'd be happy with either.. however I am in the process of buying a new TCR myself... 

peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

A guy I ride with has a teammachine and I ride a TCR, both are excellent choices IMO.

If the handling is a bit on the edge with the TCR for you then go with the BMC. I'd be happy with either.. however I am in the process of buying a new TCR myself... 

Slimie | 7 years ago
0 likes

I'm not a Giant fanboy at all but bought a TCR Advanced 2 a couple of months ago and I am truly smitten!

I'm 6ft tall, but went for a M/L frame and a longer stem and I don't  the bike isn't at all oversensitive (I'm coming from a 2012 Allez).

The Giant feels like awesome VFM and after nearly a 1000 miles I'd have no qualms whatsoever in recommending one. None!

Good luck with what is a very nice decision to have to make!

-Simon

StraelGuy | 7 years ago
0 likes

I'm something of a Giant fanboy but given what you say about the handling, I reckon the BMC is more up your street.

Latest Comments