Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Short shorts

I have fairly short thigh bones so find a lot of bibshort legs fall an inch or so above my knee.

It's purely aesthetic but I like shorts that have a short inside leg. An old pair of Campagnolo ones are like this. A new pair of Funkier aren't too bad but could do with being shorter.

Any recommendations on makes /models with particularly short inseams?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

dottigirl | 7 years ago
0 likes

Before I learnt better, I bought some triathlon shorts which have shorter legs. But, they also have a thinner pad.

tritecommentbot replied to dottigirl | 7 years ago
0 likes

dottigirl wrote:

Before I learnt better, I bought some triathlon shorts which have shorter legs. But, they also have a thinner pad.

Same here. Got some 2XUs. Pad is sooo thin. Fine for short rides I guess. Just use them training indoors now 

The _Kaner | 7 years ago
0 likes

Assos used to do 2 lengths in their T FI.Uno S5, maybe have a look at the newer versions or on here at the factory outlet

https://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/men/shorts/

https://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/t-fi-mille-s5-regularleg-black/

JoshOwenMorris | 7 years ago
0 likes

+1 for Decathlon shorts. I have a few pairs and they're great. Coincidentally, shorter than others as well.

Simon E | 7 years ago
0 likes

You could try Lusso. I am short in the leg and some of their waist shorts have suitably short inseams. Made in UK too and good value.

mike the bike | 7 years ago
1 like

Everybody I know who has bought shorts from Aldi complains about the scoutmaster look, so they might be right up your street?

Simontuck replied to mike the bike | 7 years ago
0 likes

mike the bike wrote:

Everybody I know who has bought shorts from Aldi complains about the scoutmaster look, so they might be right up your street?

I noticed that Dave previewed Aldi's new range recently and although the jersey had nice long aero arms, I couldn't help noticing the shorts showed rather more leg than I'd be comfortable with. I'm now a bit worried that our Team road.cc/ Aldi kit for the Revolve24 might leave my legs looking a bit neopolitan!!

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

Rapha Proteam have two lengths. The 'regular' ones are short, about 6 inches unstretched on a size L.

Kapelmuur | 7 years ago
0 likes

I bought shorts at a Decathlon store in France last year that have 1970's length legs.

Maybe the same style is available here?

Latest Comments