Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Look Keo Blade 2 Carbon Pedals. Any good????

Just wanted to know how good these pedals are I want something relible as i do a lot of cycling. Price range is £120 max. Ordering from Wiggle only. Any suggestions?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Strathbean | 7 years ago
0 likes

I wanted to love the carbon blades, alas mine squeaked incessantly. I persevered for a while but could not get rid of the noise, i dont think thats terribly unusual judging by how many forums it appears on, which seems pretty poor. Life is too short for £80 squeaky pedals. They also have a sharp outside edge and it sliced me open a few times when unclipping. But that might just be me.
Needless to say, i was not impressed and returned them for a refund after a couple hundred miles. You may have read my scathing review on wiggle haha.
I now have 105 and am very pleased with them.

VeloUSA | 7 years ago
0 likes

Snap? I've never heard that. Perhaps if your pedal hits something hard as carbon doesn't handle impact well. DA PD-9000 and Keo 2 Max carbon pedals are both great pedals. The DA"s have an extra axle bearing, 3 year vs 2 year warranty, adjustable entry tension, and can be ordered with a 4mm longer axle.

Saintsfc101 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I hear that the spring blades snap? Would I be better of with the dura ace

VeloUSA | 7 years ago
0 likes

These are excellent pedals; lightweight, low profile, aero, adjustable Q Fatcor and wide platform. You need to know what your spring tension is as the rentention blades only come in three tensions - 12, 16, and 20, the latter designed for sprinters and track. And, no, you don;t get all three tension blades as they are normally sold with a 16. Also, special tools are required to remove/install the spring tension blade. These are purchased separately from the replacement blade kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRJI_XAMHjA

Latest Comments