Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Trek Superfly 9.6 Carbon with green stains in the frame

Hello 

I am desperatly looking for help. I bought a bike (Trek Superfly 9.6 Carbon Model 2016). The bike was used I thouhg the person who sold it to me was first owner as he said so, but I am afraid he was not and the bike might have some unknown issues.

I started to have doubts regarding if Bike is original or is Fake copy from I do not know where. 

I am thinking this becasue the bike has some green stains in the frame, like paint is going out. I will add pictures, Do anyone has an idea what this could be? Do you know how can I check if bike is original or not? 

Have you experience any issue like this before? 

Any help is very welcome. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Ratfink | 7 years ago
0 likes

Looks like someone might have been a bit slap dash with some kind of lube.

It looks the same green as sturmey archer internal hub grease.

Thelma Viaduct | 7 years ago
0 likes

Might be Mangoo from previous owner. Was he chutney?

Trekbiker replied to Thelma Viaduct | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thelma Viaduct wrote:

Might be Mangoo from previous owner. Was he chutney?

Yes, it looks like, but I can not see anything inside the frame, it could be cleaned before, maybe, becasue it makes totally senses as is only in thosep arts. 

Trekbiker | 7 years ago
0 likes

Other pic

Trekbiker | 7 years ago
0 likes

Other pic

Trekbiker | 7 years ago
0 likes

Other pic

Trekbiker | 7 years ago
0 likes

So I called yesterday Trek and they confirm the Serial number is authentic at least I do not need to worry about that anymore. 

But I still do not unerstand what the greed dots are, Trek told me to go to a deler to check the bike, I am planning to do this latter this week, my closest oficial dealer is 1 hour driving.

VeloUSA | 7 years ago
0 likes

Contact Trek Customer Service 01908 360140 with serial number. They will be able to tell you if you have a real or fake frame.

Trekbiker | 7 years ago
0 likes

Second picture. I will try to upload more picutures under sunlight 

Trekbiker | 7 years ago
0 likes

Pleasee Pictures

Latest Comments