Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Skoda Yeti

Hello

Does anyone own one the above?

How do they do with regards to fitting in a bike?

Can you fit a whole bike in or is a wheel out job?

We currently own a Berlingo and are considering changing it to the above vehicle. 

Thanks

Mike

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Matt_S | 7 years ago
0 likes

An Octavia estate is over 40cm longer than a Yeti - I would hope the boot is bigger.

flobble | 7 years ago
0 likes

A fair bit larger, but I got on really well with our family wagon - a Ford Galaxy. I imagine an Alhambra or Sharan would be the same.

I made up an old bit of  floorboard with quick release clamps screwed to it.

Putting the bike(s) in the car for a race meant:

• fold seats forward.
  • floorboard in
  • front wheel(s) off
  • roll bike(s) in
  • forks on to QR clamps
  • other required race gubbins on the floor around the bikes (usually in a bag or bucket)
  • done.

Both my road and TT bikes fitted upright with the saddle still on. No concerns with things sliding around or scratching each other. No greasy marks on the interior. Brilliant.

allanj | 7 years ago
0 likes

Agreed, octavia boot very roomy- I've not tred a yeti but have had a look in the showroom and it doesn't look nearly as big

Daveyraveygravey | 7 years ago
1 like

Skoda Octavia hatchback - seats down in 2 mins, sling the bike in whole. Or both wheels off and still seats 5.

Mikeh789 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the replies

I had'nt realised that about the Golf platform. 

Personally im not bothered about a SUV type vehicle. I'd rather just stick with the Berlingo.

I can see your point about an estate but the Berlingo is, imo, just about the best bike carrying vehicle around. Unless your loading other stuff in, just pop down 1 seat and a bike fits in whole.

Butty | 7 years ago
0 likes

I have to remove the front wheel.

The Yeti is only based on a Golf platform so it isn't very long inside.

Latest Comments