Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta Pais Vasco

I believe you have the wrong Goncalves listed for Caja Rural. Think it should be Jose not Domingos.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

21 comments

Stumps | 8 years ago
1 like

182 stage points and i drop a place !!!! Cracking race.

Mike.Franchetti | 8 years ago
1 like

Moved the big boys in early and it paid off.

To be honest I hadn't realised the final climb was so short so count myself a bit lucky with Landa, Contador, Pinot and Quintana all up there.

Also fantastic day for my purist team - second ever stage win!

_Kasper | 8 years ago
1 like

This is becoming a recurring nightmare; me thinking i have a team that can't possibly fail, and ending up with a very mediocre team. I got 3, 5, 8 and 20 + Martin, Anton, Gallopin and Gerrans. Really impressed with Felline though...

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
1 like

Yeah, same for me, but with 8 as well and minus 4 transfers.

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
1 like

I went J-Rod too! But as i didnt want to make wholesale changes I only had 3,5,11! So not good at all

1 like

Way to go Landa! Great to see him back on form so soon.

I didn't do too badly today, but I completely forgot about Kelderman.  I nearly always pick him.  And I should have had Pinot over Rodriguez, maybe the latter is saving himself for Friday.

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Landa and Kelderman have a gap... 

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

15km to go. Denifl and Madrazo have 0:46 on the bunch. Madrazo will apparently wear the KOM jersey at tomorrow's start.

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

30km to go. Katusha leading the peloton. Meintjes and Paulinho have abandoned the race.  2

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

The  break started with 4 riders,Denifl (IAM), Meintjes (LAM), Petilli (LAM) and Madrazo (CJR), , but by 80km to go, only Denifl (IAM) and Madrazo managed to stay out front by themselves...

Race live feed notes Petilli (LAM) and Madrazo (CJR) were in the break yesterday, too. 

For those interested, here's how much the riders in the break are worth:

Stefan Denifl IAM Cycling 14.5

Louis Meintjes Lampre - Merida 9.3

Simone Petilli Lampre - Merida 7.0

Angel Madrazo Caja Rural - Seguros RGA 5.8

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm... According to the race live feed, there'll be no Sprint Points awarded at  Amurrio because there's oil on the streets... 

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Today should be a good stage!  1 Ramps of 13.5% at the end!  1 50km to go and Denifl (IAM) and Madrazo are up front with a gap of 3:29

2 likes

Top of FS after stage one! I'll take that.

Ten transfers is proving tricky to manage. Just made a few for todays summit finish, but the GC guys might wait until stage five until they make their move.  Planning to get the medium mountains guys back in for stages three and four, but then it's another summit and then a time trial.... Really fancy holding onto first place.

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Whys does Nairo Quintana show 100 points and Joaquim Rodriguez show 171 points under 'This Tour' in the Current Rider Rankings? 

MinardiM189 | 8 years ago
1 like

If riders are missing from the initial roster will they be added to the roster during the course of the race?

TERatcliffe26 replied to MinardiM189 | 8 years ago
1 like

MinardiM189 wrote:

If riders are missing from the initial roster will they be added to the roster during the course of the race?

All updated. Not gonna lie as I was away last week I hadnt looked at the rosters until ive just done the scores so I do apologise for that

1 like

6 stages, 2 transfers per stage.

I'm trying to call the first stage.  Last year there were two less mountainous stages before all the summit finishes, it's a bit more complex this year.   Thinking guys like Bakelants and Felline for stage one then it's straight to a summit finish.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Condor Andy | 8 years ago
1 like

Condor Andy wrote:

6 stages, 2 transfers per stage.

I'm trying to call the first stage.  Last year there were two less mountainous stages before all the summit finishes, it's a bit more complex this year.   Thinking guys like Bakelants and Felline for stage one then it's straight to a summit finish.

Same thoughts, I see it as Gallopin, Martin, Ulissi + the likes of Felline, Simon, Prades, Gerrans/Alba. the prob is how many do you put in as its summit finish straight after, but then stage 3 is for them guys too, and maybe even stage 4 as well, well stage 4 defo for the first 3 and one of the Orica guys. Then 5 summit, then ITT. Tough

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Can we have more transfers, please?  1 ... Just to make the game more fun and be able to switch out more riders?..  1

Aragonite | 8 years ago
1 like

Thanks. Looking at the parcours, ten is a pretty frugal number of transfers. Same for everyone though.

dave atkinson | 8 years ago
1 like

oopsie.

wrong number of transfers too!

Latest Comments