Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris-Nice

Well its 24 hours before it all kicks off and personally i cant wait. It's a rilliant early seson race and there are some top riders taking part.

Fantasy team wise its been a bit of a nightmare working out my purist team, do you go full on climbers and GC boys or sprinkle in a couple of sprinters who can get over the high stuff and hope they are still there at the end but will pick you up points on the flatter stages ?

I've set my team up for stage one proper and discounted the prologue.

Decisions decisions, all i know is it will be great.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

42 comments

HighBeechRollers | 8 years ago
1 like

You have allocated the points to the wrong Herrada, Jesus came in with the lead group not Jose who finished 70th

I should have another 37 points, which might make it closer at the top.

1wrangler | 8 years ago
1 like

Great race today.

I don't see any points scored for Jesus Herrada today. Shouldn't he have bagged like 21 points? Is it possible that Jose got his points by mistake?

TERatcliffe26 replied to 1wrangler | 8 years ago
2 likes

1wrangler wrote:

Great race today.

I don't see any points scored for Jesus Herrada today. Shouldn't he have bagged like 21 points? Is it possible that Jose got his points by mistake?

Yep will re-update my bad.

Wondered why I had had such a bad day myself!

He got like 37 

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
1 like

I thought it had all be scrapped, but seems it hadnt

however 0 points was Daves call not mine and he is the boss

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
1 like

Le Tour website said the first sprint and the KOMs completed would count, but no other changes to the overall.

Aragonite | 8 years ago
0 likes

Looks like some KOM pts have been added to the scores on PCS, for Stage3.

1 like

No transfers don't get neutralised, its just unfortunate.

And there is no jersey points, as there is no classification for the stage, stage 3 just doesn't exist, so you can't score something that isnt there to score, you would just be scoring stage 2 jersey points again

triccky100 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
1 like

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

No transfers don't get neutralised, its just unfortunate.

And there is no jersey points, as there is no classification for the stage, stage 3 just doesn't exist, so you can't score something that isnt there to score, you would just be scoring stage 2 jersey points again

I would have thought jersey classification is for the tour and not just the stage. Also it is not really just scoring stage 2 again, as most teams have changed between stage 2 and 3 (possibly bringing in riders high on GC to gain points associated with them). I understand it is too complicated to neutralise transfers but I would assume most would be happy if jersey points are scored, especially as KOM classification has changed. But I could be wrong, just my opinion...

jollygoodvelo | 8 years ago
1 like

Annoying.  Do our transfers get neutralised too?

...and even if there are no stage points, why no GC/jersey points?

0 likes

Just got the sad email confirming all riders have a score of 0

0 likes

0 points across the board for P-N, will run a blank update later after work when i do Tirreno

MinardiM189 | 8 years ago
1 like

What happens in the game when a stage is cancelled ?

Are points for GC position still awarded ?

Tirreno Adriatico will probably get hit by snow over the next few days and I need to change my team selection software to take into account stage cancellation probabilities.

Sniffer | 8 years ago
2 likes

We will all be in the same boat regarding transfers, although I made 6!  I also needed this stage to give my purists team some life.

Need to check T-A now.

Mike.Franchetti | 8 years ago
1 like

Four transfers down the drain - but more annoyed that we're missing Mont Brouilly. I think it could have been great

_Kasper | 8 years ago
4 likes

Stage cancelled due to weather. So much for changing in the GC guys... no

1 like

Stage 3's been officially cancelled.

2 likes

Looks a bit snowy out there today.

Vuillermoz crashed and abondoned, he might have been looking at this stage for a win.  A smidge unlucky there Mike.

Mike.Franchetti | 8 years ago
1 like

Ahhh Vuillermoz abandons - anybody else suckered in by his Mur-De-Bretagne win?

Loving Paris-Nice as a fan, hating it for my team

Stumps | 8 years ago
1 like

1,6,13,17 on my purist which hopefully will keep me top 10 on the FS league plus 1,4,5,6,8 standard. Thought about Griepel but kept Lobato in - doh!

Aragonite | 8 years ago
2 likes

Thought dq'd riders were always placed last in RR.

1 like

Really interesting finale that, Bouhanni tried to sit on Matthews' saddle and got himself DQ'd.

Looks like Triccky pulled off a good one with Bonifazio, I ended up with 1,3,4,5,6.  So an improvement, but Lobato quit and Kittel was nowhere!

triccky100 replied to Condor Andy | 8 years ago
2 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Really interesting finale that, Bouhanni tried to sit on Matthews' saddle and got himself DQ'd.

Looks like Triccky pulled off a good one with Bonifazio, I ended up with 1,3,4,5,6.  So an improvement, but Lobato quit and Kittel was nowhere!

Yep, 1,2,3,4,9,15 will take that!

triccky100 | 8 years ago
1 like

Very nice Kasper. I ended up with 3,4,5,7,16, I decided on the Vanmarke + Bonifazio combination instead of Demare, did not exactly payoff, but let's see what the next stage brings!

_Kasper replied to triccky100 | 8 years ago
0 likes

triccky100 wrote:

Very nice Kasper. I ended up with 3,4,5,7,16, I decided on the Vanmarke + Bonifazio combination instead of Demare, did not exactly payoff, but let's see what the next stage brings!

Yesterday the gamble paid off, but the teams has to hold today as well. I am putting my trust in Kittel, but i doubt Demare will be able to pull something similar off today. Lets see, the GC guys stays in; i'm saving the transfers..

Stumps | 8 years ago
2 likes

A bit like Condor Andy i'm may regret not putting a rider in my purists, namely Dumoulin.

Although his replacement, Swift, is doing nicely for me so its not all bad.

_Kasper | 8 years ago
1 like

Yeah today went okay. Got 1, 2, 5, 10, 16, 18 + Kittel and a 3pts dude yielding me a crisp 171 points total! smiley

1 like

But you did a good job with 1,2,3

I had 5,7,10,16

Not so bad for my purist team with 4,5,7,10,12,16,17,19 although none of the big gun sprinters and everyone scoring! For once my purist team got the cheaper riders right with Petit and Vanmarcke

1 like

I had Kristoff, Greipel, Kittel and Lobato who did nothing for me. I'm 4 transfers down as well.

Really questioning why I didn't bring Matthews in yesterday...

1 like

Not a good day for me.

Picked the wrong rider out of 4, Had the choice of Demare, Swift, Boonen and Lobato, the first 3 placed top 10 and guess who I went for, Lobato!

Thats my chances in this race over after the number of transfers I already made, was a waste bringing in both Kristoff and Lobato and im already 4 transfers down

1 like

Picked up a 1,2,3 - the rest of my team predictably absent 

Pages

Latest Comments