Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Hunt Wheels experience

Hi guys,

I am very curious about numerous disc/non-disc Hunt Bike Wheels. Has anyone had any experience with them? I would also like to hear about hub/spokes/bearing servicing aspects as I would be willing to buy them at some point.

Much appreciated.

Ogi

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Ogi | 8 years ago
0 likes

@Gstar

If you don't mind me asking, what issues with the freehub body did you have? Btw, does it have a nylon bushing like Mavic wheels or some other solution in place?

Thanks guys! They really sound pretty amazing for the price.

Thanks,

Ogi

StraelGuy | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have the All Season disc wheels on my Giant and love them. They're very light and the hub and bearings seem to be quality items. They're good looking too with very subtle graphics; a great reasonably priced upgrade in my opinion laugh.

Almost forgot, part of my local go to route goes through a large industrial park with a couple of vicious pot holes. I wasn't paying attention on a recent ride and absolutely smashed my back wheel into one in a way that would have destroyed a non-tubeless wheel's innertube. Not only did it not puncture, there wasn't a trace of the impact on the wheel itself.

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have set hunts all season disc wheels. I have found them to be satisfactory, finish is good and bearings/free hub are quality. You can also replace bearings easily when needing service

The rear has a slight warp, which needs truing - probably because I'm on the upper weight limit for these wheels 100kg rider

therevokid | 8 years ago
0 likes

got some of the disc ones on my mason ... bomb proof so far over just about

every type of surface  1

excellent communication if you ever need it too. 

Gstar | 8 years ago
0 likes

I bought a set of race season aero 28's last year as I wanted a lightweight wheel set with an alloy braking track that would be easy to service and robust ( I had around 6 weeks in the alps and Provence last year) . They performed very well, remained true and I only had one issue recently with a freehub body which was replaced very quickly . They now double up as my 'winter' wheel set and still going strong. I also run enve, zipp and Reynolds wheels so have a pretty high frame of reference, I've also built a few of my own wheel sets and have been impressed with the build quality (even spoke tension, brass nipples)

Latest Comments