Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike Route Toaster Down?

I'm having trouble adding points to routes in bikeroutetoaster - can anyone else create routes at the moment? It's just giving me an error message whenever I try "Info: Failed to add new point."

I've tried logging in, out and different browsers. I used ridewithgps yesterday and got lost... Help?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Goyt | 8 years ago
0 likes

Good point about RwGPS and bridleways, twice in two rides it has sent me off road. Tonight it tried to get me to cross a stream (or use stepping stones) and then go up some steps...  35

I do like that it gives you the road name as you turn on to it rather than just giving a left / right instruction. However average speed isn't as good as BRT and at one point I was 40 odd minutes in advance 20 odd minutes in to the ride. Doesn't seem to account for hills or descents. Useless.

marcopanatone | 8 years ago
0 likes

Sadly it looks like the BRT account with MapQuest has expired or is blocked for some reason. When the app tries to get routing info from MapQuest it gets a response saying the developer is suspended  2

I think RideWithGPS might be an alternative, but I can't figure out how to stop it routing me on tracks that are not rideable on a road bike - with BRT I could tell it not to route on unpaced roads which did the trick. BikeHike seems slightly better at avoiding unpaved, although it also avoids paved bike paths, which is sometimes a pain - BRT used to have the right balance of avoiding unpaved and using bike paths when you really had to.

Goyt | 8 years ago
0 likes

Just had an email to the admin/contact for BRT bounce back with a failure. Not looking good.

Can anyone recommend another routing site/app that can give advance turn warnings?

Edit:

I've just spent $6 for advance turn warning at Ridewithgps. If it sucks I'll let you all know... [BIG SPENDER]  103

pirnie | 8 years ago
0 likes

Same happens for me. This used only to be a problem when using Google Maps (I presumed it was a problem with the routing API for Google maps, but it seems to have migrated to all the maps now  2

Zermattjohn | 8 years ago
0 likes

Its been like that for me for a while. I create routes in Ridewithgps and save the .tcx file. Then import this to BRT and save with coursepoints. Seems to work most of the time.

Treemower | 8 years ago
0 likes

Same here using Chrome 45 and IE11

Using Open Cycle Map on the second point I get I get a box with Info and "Failed to add new point."

Man of Lard | 8 years ago
0 likes

Just checked - same here.

Latest Comments