Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta stage 16

No changes for me today. 10 transfers to play with.

NAIRO ALEXANDER QUINTANA (MOV)
OMAR FRAILE (CJR)
FABIO ARU (AST)
MIKEL NIEVE (SKY)
JOHAN ESTEBAN CHAVES (OGE)
RUBEN PLAZA (LAM)
GIANLUCA BRAMBILLA (EQS)
BERTJAN LINDEMAN (TLJ)
JOAQUIN RODRIGUEZ (KAT)

Fraile has just taken the first cat 3 ahead of Rolland and Torres.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

Mike.Franchetti | 8 years ago
0 likes

Had a sluggish Vuelta start but getting there now. Quintana faith not really paying off but Aru's been great for me.
George Bennett unlikely hero yesterday but I too got rid of Schleck!

Not going to hunt stages just yet but struggling to get anywhere near my TDF 75th

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have 9 transfers left to use up in the TT and then select a team for the last few stages (probably involving Degenkolb). I've fallen out of contact with TER and the other leaders, but I'm 9th and looking good for a top 20  1

chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
0 likes

Good luck TER. I was on holiday in the first week so wasn't really paying attention, but have stage-hunted a 1st and 3rd now! Gonna go all-in for the TT, then use my last two transfers tomorrow and just enjoy the racing this weekend without worrying about fantasy points!

Probably more sensible to stage-hunt the last stage but I'll be camping, and there's no way I'm finishing a grand tour with 7 unused transfers because I couldn't get internet connection!

livestrongnick | 8 years ago
0 likes

Wednesdays TT will be the big chance for you Ter  26

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Gutted Johnny

Id be more than happy if the Vuelta ended now

Although now gives me the potential to catch 1st it gives me massive potential to balls it up

JohnnyRemo | 8 years ago
0 likes

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!

St Date Rider in Rider out

16 Sep 07, 05:58 Romain Sicard Frank Schleck

Had Frankie boy in the squad from day one...

stevemarks | 8 years ago
0 likes

Have to say that may be the best yet from Dumoulin. Less than two minutes between him and Purito this is now very interesting. We should run a sidesweep onhow much time he can gain on the climbers.

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have a feeling Dumoulin will crack today

0 likes

So 2nd and 4th dont have fraile, so should be 2nd overall tonight I reckon.

The leader has Jeandesboz to my Koshevoy, which should mean nothing if the break stays away potentially. He however has brought in Moreno for Dumoulin (which i though about doing, but didnt) so hopefully Dumoulin has a better day than Moreno

chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
0 likes

Looking like a good stage for me but I'm way back overall, just going for stages...

Fraile
Schleck
Quintana
Rodriguez
Majka
Aru
Nieve
Elissonde
Cardoso

Sniffer | 8 years ago
0 likes

10 transfers left. Felt too expensive on transfers to get Fraile in. Now seems too expensive not to have him!

Got Dumoulin for the next stage too.

0 likes

Well i have left dumoulin in against my greater wishes, but with only 13 transfers and fancy him tomorrow.

Hope it is enough to keep me near the podium

Dumoulin
J-Rod
Aru
Chaves
Majka
Nieve
Koshevoy
Brambilla
Fraile

Latest Comments