Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eneco Tour stage 6

I don't want to reopen debate, but are golden km points going to be added to stage 6 scores?

Wellens and van Av were first and second for all three, and I think Gilbert was third in two.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I fully agree that it needs to be scored IF the results are there for me to follow, but I can only score what is published, I can't just guess or spend the time to watch every race to make sure I get them all.

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Agree Steve.

And I appreciate the time put in by Gkam and TER and others. Great game.

And Gkam I'm not having a go at you, my opinion is simply that the rules need to be clear beforehand and if something is said then that is what is kept to. St 6 & St 7 need to be scored too (and I didn't have 90% of the riders who scored, so it isn't a personal team improvement).

STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes

You cannot score them on some stages and then not on stages 6 and 7, as I think is the case...Its just wrong..... You either score them on all stages or you dont score them on all stages....

Totally agree with the comments about the lack of input from the owners of the game.... It seems to me that two people are in the firing line all the time as a result of the lack of input from the top... I think the organisation this year has been woeful at best....

I dont want to appear negative all the time but I fail to see how this game has become so complicated to administrate....It used to be a great game with great prizes that followed a simple formula.... Now we have to consistently ask for startlists, rules that appear to change depending on who is inputting the scores and where we used to have the chance of winning the odd bike or two........it now seems to be a pump or a multi-tool....

I willingly pay my tenner to support road.cc, and I have made myself a member for another £15, but I am beginning to ask myself why.... There seems to be a serious lack of interest from the owners of the game... Through this game I have become an avid fan of road cycling and I am sure that I am not alone in that respect.... Come on Dave lets get the show back on the road and turn all this negativity around........and get the game back to where it was......

It was and indeed still is a great advert for road.cc.......but the admin needs sorting......

tony kappler | 8 years ago
0 likes

To Gkam and TER,

I understand that you can't score if the official results aren't there. The golden km was definitely there in stages 6 &7. For what it is worth, here is how I think they went, from observation (Eurosport) and calculation (adding in the 3,2,1 bonus seconds).

Stage 6;
1st sprint; Wellens, van Av, Bakelants
2nd; Wellens, van Av, Gilbert
3rd; Wellens, van Av, Gilbert

Stage 7; 1st sprint; Leukemans, Lampaert, Quinziato (shown as sprint result on screen some time after sprint, which I think occurred in ad break)
2nd; Leukemans, Quinziato, Lampaert; (at 20.8km shown on screen)
3rd; Quinziato, Lampaert, Leukemans; (at 20.4km shown on screen)

I don't care if you score them or not.

I am surprised at the anger and frustration vented on the forum re this race; I don't think team selection would have materially changed for most, simply cos you could afford 8 good sprinters or classic riders, and not rely on picking good cheap riders. Perhaps it has come to a head after a series of less than perfect situations in road.cc fantasy cycling.

I thought the bringing forward of the cutoff deadline in stage 5 of the Tour de Suisse was far more devastating (certainly for me); a situation never explained satisfactorily.

I appreciate the work you guys do; I hope you keep it up. It seems to me that management needs to help you more and take more of the heat.

Cheers

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

GC yes

Point, no, because some points are only based on finish line points, which we do not include under an circumstances, some only have sprints and no points

Mountain we always score the same, apart from GT's which sometimes do it a bit differently.

Youth, yes most are the same, some are under 25, some are under 23

Breakaway is for one day races only.

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

You're missing the point Gkam, all that people need is to know upfront what the scoring is going to be so that they can pick their teams accordingly. That is:

Stage
GC
Points (same for all races that have one)
Mountains (same for all that have one)
Youth (same for all that have one)
Breakaway (if none of the above)

Anything else confuses and invariably ends up as a dog's dinner.

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

We can't stick to a "normal" format, because lots of races score things differently. Where was the KOM for Eneco, that is part of our "normal" scoring....that's right, they didn't have one.

I don't sit and watch every race, noting down results, if official sites can't be bothered to publish full results, we can only score on what we find, else I could just rule Stage 1, 6 and 7 void because there was not full scoring details available  102

I've got 3 more women's races left in the WWC and then I won't be scoring anymore this season as there as be to much hassle on the forum.

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

you can't score something that is not published in the results regardless of whether it is seen on tv, and there are no results for the golden km on stages 6 or 7. the same as there were no results for the other sprint on stage 1

Joelsim replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

you can't score something that is not published in the results regardless of whether it is seen on tv, and there are no results for the golden km on stages 6 or 7. the same as there were no results for the other sprint on stage 1

Maybe all the GS points should be removed from all stages then, given it wasn't mentioned in the original notes, then told that they wouldn't be scored and then not all scored. It's ridiculous really Tom, it confuses and adds nothing but annoyance to the game. Wouldn't it be better just to always stick to the normal format?

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

The scoring in this race has been farcical.

Golden sprints won't be scored.

Then they are scored.

Except some golden sprints which everyone who watched the race saw were there.

A disaster.

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

According to the race website, Stage 6 didn't have a Golden KM, nor Stage 7  2

dc04dc | 8 years ago
0 likes

Well? Any response?

Latest Comments