Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Beginner looking to buy a bike

Hey,

I'm a complete newbie to road bikes and im looking for advice on my first bike my budget isnt very high up to a maximum of 350 for the right bike. Im aware of the triban 500se but im not to keen on it for various reasons.

Any suggestions?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

ibr17xvii | 8 years ago
0 likes

The Ribble & the Merlin bikes are outstanding deals for the money.

gdmor10 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Crikey that Ribble looks good for the money!

tinyking12345 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I think this is a good deal

http://www.acycles.co.uk/vinci-road-bike-white-5990.html?utm_source=goog...

Campagnolo xenon is about the same level as tiagra
Also with carbon forks

CXR94Di2 | 8 years ago
0 likes

There will be plenty of excellent quality used bikes with hardly any use. The upside of the cycling boom...... a percentage buy a nice bike, and for whatever reason never ride it more than a few times.

The OP has to find what size bike they need and then trawl the online and other sources for the right bike to turn up used.

Two minutes search revealed quite a number of bikes various prices!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Bikes-/177831/i.html?Type=Road%2520Racing%2520...

gdmor10 | 8 years ago
0 likes

just looked at the Triban on the website, just 330 quid at the moment. Tend to agree it is a great bike for that budget.

Meaulnes | 8 years ago
0 likes

Just out of interest, what turns you off the Triban? For your budget, that would be my first choice.

gdmor10 | 8 years ago
0 likes

check out the buyers guide links at the top of the page. 350 is quite a tough budget and as you progress you will likely want to upgrade but just get out and enjoy the road.

either that or look at 2nd hand options or save until you can afford the basic Boardman.

Latest Comments