Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Helicopter Tape

I have been looking at frame protector sticker kits for my new frame however they seem quite expensive for a little amount of tape. I have heard of helicopter tape which the military used for protecting helicopter blades such as the type shown in the link below. It seems to be the same stuff and you get much more for your money and you can cut it yourself to whatever length or shape you require. Has anyone used this? Is it the same thing and is it any good?

www.vikingtapes.co.uk/c-167-bike-helicopter-tapes.aspx

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Leodis | 8 years ago
0 likes

I tried to put some heli tape on my bike at the weekend, what a futile waste of time lol

Nixster | 8 years ago
0 likes

Google Convertape and look at their bike frame protector options. 3M tape and the cheapest I found. And it works!

edd23 | 8 years ago
0 likes
joemmo | 8 years ago
0 likes

you can get shorter lengths of heli-tape on ebay if you don't want to fork out for a huge roll. I'd recommend getting 5cm wide tape as it's more versatile for cutting into different shapes.

DaSy | 8 years ago
0 likes

We used to cover our hire bikes in Hellicopter tape (we had a very cheap source as we used to deal with a local airbase), and it works brilliantly. Make sure you get the proper 3M stuff as there are a lot of cheap knock-off versions which are nowhere-near as good.

That link shows the 3M so looks good to me...

mattlittle | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've not used that stuff but I noticed that they had bike-specific tape on the same site: http://www.vikingtapes.co.uk/c-682-bike-protection-tape-3m-8671hs.aspx#....

Latest Comments