Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Criterium du Dauphine stage 3

Was a bit unsure what to do for today so just 3 changes.

ROHAN DENNIS (BMC)
PETER KENNAUGH (SKY)
JULIAN ALAPHILIPPE (EQS)
TEJAY VAN GARDEREN (BMC)
JONAS VANGENECHTEN (IAM)
SIMON GERRANS (OGE)
DANIEL TEKLEHAIMANOT (MTQ)
EDVALD BOASSON HAGEN (MTQ)

Out go Bouhanni, Mezgec and Modolo.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

21 comments

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

There is nothing I can write that will not make me out to be a greater fool... I can only acknowledge I am wrong. I'm sorry.

Stumps | 8 years ago
0 likes

Enrique, give it a rest man will you. The forum is NOT the place to ask those sort of questions  14

STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Enrique the only thing that I find depressing in my life or this game is your infatuation of part and mis-quoting me.... Find another victim as this one is bored of your moronic stalking......... Anyway back to the silence for me as its less infuriating........

P.S. The girlfriend who was a Premium user, who you insist on bringing up from time to time, actually died in a car crash in New Zealand almost 2 years ago now, so give it a rest you complete and utter moron.....

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... The girlfriend who was a Premium user... actually died...

Oh... that's horrible, Steve... were you with her when that happened? Let me rephrase that...  39 Were you still in a relationship with her when that happened?... I can't imagine you were in the same accident or in New Zealand at the time, were you?...  39 I can't imagine how you took it when it happened either... Fantasy cycling must have been the farthest thing from your mind during those moments... Or maybe your only distraction and a simple choice for light entertainment...  39 I don't think that's something you ever really recover from easily... I'm sorry, really... Were you in Britain when it happened or was she in New Zealand by herself? She sounded like a great person... I recall you saying...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

My girlfriend being a Consultant Psychiatrist is rather fascinated by you... 19th July 2013 - 8:59

I took to her imediately, Steve...  2 It's a little sad that you made that comment a little more than a month from almost two years ago... I guess she had her accident not too much later?... I wish you would have told us then...  22

I'm truly saddened... Life is a fragile thing and we take so many things for granted... It's incredible how short life is... it's incredible how a little banter back and forth in an anonymized forum can mean so much to some of us... and how little we know about the people we share a forum with... I'm sorry I brought her up so much... Had I known I would have shown more respect towards you by not bringing her up... It must be painful... I'm sorry... I don't know how you recover from something like that... I'm really, really sorry for her, and for you, for your loss... How old was she, Steve?... Anyways, you made her sound intelligent, witty, amicable and a very grounded person... Did she work at the same hospital as you?... I feel for you, Steve, I honestly do... And she loved Fantasy cycling, to boot... I'm sorrry for your loss, Steve... I have to give you credit for sharing such personal incidents on this site while I continue to dribble inane comments and fastiduosly analyze every inch of this game... You're a good man, Steve... You must miss her... Do you see her family now and then?...

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

That was a great stage!  1 Hardly what I expected! You'll notice in my score...  45

Today we had a total of 884 teams in the competition... 10 more teams joined overnight... Really... It's not me...  45

There were 345 unique scores, meaning there at least 345 unique teams. Quite a jump from yesterday when we 'only' had 159 unique scores.

It's next to impossible to determine exactly which riders were the most popular today, with all riders on a team, except BMC and the jersey wearers, getting the same scores, so that's it for today...

chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi guys, Modolo has been scored for Lampre's 8th place, but he didn't actually race, he was a DNS. Can his points be removed, and can he also be removed from the game please? Thankyou!

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Not too bad for me. Disappointed with MTQ and Sky today though.

But 1,2 on GC, 2,4 points, 1 mountains and 1,2 Youth

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

That did not go well for me! No bmc riders

Just one astana, one movistar, 2 orica, 2 etixx and one sky

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

That did not go well for me! No bmc riders

Just one astana, one movistar, 2 orica, 2 etixx and one sky

0 likes

Kasper may have been hoping Quinziato would also get GC points, hence the frustration? He'd have gone 3rd on GC had he finished with the leaders I think.

Anyway, pretty good for me, 1,2,2,4,4,5 plus 1,3,4 on GC. Might not be enough to keep the lead in FS, as some teams close behind had Tejay as well as Dennis. But maybe...

_Kasper replied to chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Kasper may have been hoping Quinziato would also get GC points, hence the frustration? He'd have gone 3rd on GC had he finished with the leaders I think.

Exactly. He was highest places BMC rider before today, so he would have been in yellow.

Anyways i get 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 15 (leaving Modolo). 2 in GC, 2 in youth and 2 in points.

Aragonite | 8 years ago
0 likes

All riders score, whether one of the five finishers, or not.

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
0 likes

Dennis to wear the leaders jersey, Tejay 2nd and Nibali 4th.

_Kasper | 8 years ago
0 likes

Also. Looks like Quinziato wasn't among the last five.  102

_Kasper | 8 years ago
0 likes

Looks like Boasson Hagen will be my loser for today.

JULIAN ALAPHILIPPE (EQS)
MANUEL QUINZIATO (BMC)
EDVALD BOASSON HAGEN (MTQ)
BENAT INTXAUSTI (MOV)
LARS BOOM (AST)
SACHA MODOLO (LAM)
ANDREW TALANSKY (TCG)
TEJAY VAN GARDEREN (BMC)

Edit: Oh. and Modolo -.-

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

IAM crashed on their recce this morning. Loads of punctures too.

0 likes

If Modolo's gone that's a shame, I could've just as easily kept Bouhanni. Could be the end of my run of good luck!

STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Came home off a nightshift to find house flooded, electricity tripped and hence no transfers today as I missed the deadline due to ongoing de-swamping..... I have more plumbers and electricians in my house than I will probably score points today... Hey-Ho.........Its only life.....  102

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

The annoyance of saving transfers and then getting called out to work and missing the transfer window...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Came home off a nightshift to find house flooded, electricity tripped and hence no transfers today...

I think you need a job that will help you concentrate on your true priorities in life... meaning, of course, playing the Fantasy game...  45

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... my girlfriend is also a premium user...

Why don't you get your girlfriend to do your transfers for you?...

That's unfair of me.... I'm not going to make any friends that way... Now I feel guilty I wrote that... You must be a good guy, Steve, really... I mean, you seem to be responsible and you seem to work hard... and you obviously must love your job and care about it... and I'd think you care deeply about people to work in a hospital setting...

I apologize... It must suck to get home and find that mess... I'm sorry... You seem to have been having a string of bad luck lately... I know in the middle of it all you probably have to forget about the game and making transfers, but don't you have a buddy who would enter the transfers for you? Or a cell phone to make them from?... I know it's probably the last thing on your mind when these things happen, but sometimes I feel so sorry when you miss out on a transfer window... It hurts when you post about it... Sometimes you sound so depressed about it... And it seems to be happening a lot lately.. I'm sorry...

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
0 likes

Very similar set up to mine, but I kept Modolo and Bouhanni for tomorrow to save on transfers. Team is:

Bouhanni (COF)
Gerrans (OGE)
Kennaugh (SKY)
Navardauskas (TCG)
Dennis (BMC)
Modolo (LAM)
Alaphilippe (EQS)
Boasson Hagen (MTQ)

And now Modolo has gone.  20

0 likes

Dropped Bouhanni and Dumoulin, so have 13 transfers left and the following team...

Bouet, Alaphilippe (EQS)
Nibali, Grivko (AST)
Gerrans (OGE)
Dennis (BMC)
Modolo (LAM)
Boasson Hagen (MTQ)

Prob the same 2 sprinters back in tomorrow, then 6/7 changes for Thursday leaving at least 4 transfers to tinker during the mountains...

Latest Comments