Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Were you in a group riding on the B3227 near Bampton yesterday afternoon?

If so,perhaps you'd like to go back and pick up the gel wrappers that I saw several of you discard to the floor!

Thanks for littering the countryside through your laziness. Perhaps you'd like to come to my local beach and leave a load of broken glass about this summer?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

sponging-machine | 15 years ago
0 likes

...I was on this road as I was driving from Barnstaple to the Quantocks for some mountain biking. Got up there and found a load of McDonalds litter strewn across the ridge.

AAAAAAAARRRRGGGHH!  14

kevonakona replied to sponging-machine | 15 years ago
0 likes

Yeah well known fact that empty wrappers are 14.23 times more dense than when full.

mst | 15 years ago
0 likes

The ToB are having to do environmental impact studies now due to question raised by local councils about how much crap the racers discard let alone the race 'caravan'.

Cyclist who chuck gel/bar wrappers, tin foil from their sandwiches and cakes need a kick up the arse in my view. Take it home!

Tony Farrelly replied to mst | 15 years ago
0 likes

… see it can happen  1

dave atkinson replied to Tony Farrelly | 15 years ago
0 likes

that's one of the only downsides of living in lovely Bath, there's not many places that are further from a decent beach - 'decent beach' being the opposite to 'weston super mare beach' in my opinion. you have to go all the way to studland when the sun's shining.

totally agree about the litter though. not like a gel wrapper takes up a lot of space, is it?

Latest Comments