Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone knocked off their bike sometime before 10.00 today (22nd March)? Someone claiming it on Twitter

This delightful person claiming to have knocked a cyclist off this morning. Anyone know about it?

Screen print attached

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

31 comments

Jimbomitch | 9 years ago
0 likes

It is if you are foolish enough to throw it through a windscreen.

Skynet | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sounds like such a lady, classy!

turboprannet | 9 years ago
0 likes

what's the spark plug for?!

Tjuice replied to turboprannet | 9 years ago
0 likes
turboprannet wrote:

+1.

I must be missing something - I don't get it. And I'm not clear why carrying a spark plug would be regarded as an offence  7

turboprannet replied to Tjuice | 9 years ago
0 likes
Tjuice wrote:
turboprannet wrote:

+1.

I must be missing something - I don't get it. And I'm not clear why carrying a spark plug would be regarded as an offence  7

I get it now, I think it's a peace offering to car drivers as they obviously worship them or something. Ooooh shiny shiny.

Or it's to put a window in. Because that's what a sane person does.

(I googled a bit).

bikebot replied to Tjuice | 9 years ago
0 likes
Tjuice wrote:
turboprannet wrote:

+1.

I'll probably regret this. Don't do this, seriously, don't do this. Don't even think about going prepared to do this, it's really dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArUnuEUd4VU

fenix | 9 years ago
0 likes

Imagine coming off the bike with a spark plug in your back pocket - That could do you some damage.

You're a muppet if you think it wise to attack a car even if the car is driven by a nob.

fenix | 9 years ago
0 likes

Imagine coming off the bike with a spark plug in your back pocket - That could do you some damage.

You're a muppet if you think it wise to attack a car even if the car is driven by a nob.

fenix | 9 years ago
0 likes

Has anyone actually reported the incident on twitter to the police - or have we all sat around assuming it's already been done ?

From what I read she passed her test in October, had already been on a speed awareness course, was worrying about getting caught having run a red light, and hit a cyclist and driven off.

She's behaved disgracefully in less than 6 months.

I've been driving for >30 years now and haven't done any of those things.

aje replied to fenix | 9 years ago
0 likes
fenix wrote:

Has anyone actually reported the incident on twitter to the police - or have we all sat around assuming it's already been done ? ...

There is quite a lot of twitter traffic on this, and the Police have tweeted that they are looking into it. The Dave Rowlinson tweet, however, has gone unnoticed by the twitter majority.

atgni replied to fenix | 9 years ago
0 likes
fenix wrote:

Has anyone actually reported the incident on twitter to the police - or have we all sat around assuming it's already been done ?

I've reported both Francesca and Dave via crimestoppers as they didn't say the locations to pick a Police force. But feel free to report it yourself, can't hurt - unlike being knocked off by a ..........!

Judge dreadful | 9 years ago
0 likes

This is why I now carry a spark plug in my pocket.

Wookie replied to Judge dreadful | 9 years ago
0 likes
Judge dreadful wrote:

This is why I now carry a spark plug in my pocket.

This isnt helping the situation

bdsl replied to Judge dreadful | 9 years ago
0 likes

Carrying a spark plug (or anything else) for that reason is a criminal offence in itself.

bigmel | 9 years ago
0 likes

Failing to stop & provide details is a criminal offence in itself irrespective of what happened during the "accident". Ouch.

atgni | 9 years ago
0 likes
OldRidgeback | 9 years ago
0 likes

Has anyone reported this to the police? She admits to having committed a serious traffic offence, leaving the scene of an incident.

I don't know the local force involved, but here in London, the traffic officers at Catford would be the people to speak to. I'm sure the local force has an equivalent.

Given the speed awareness course, plus going through a red light and now this latest incident and all in a short space of time since she passed her test, it does beg the question whether she should be allowed to be in charge of a vehicle at all.

mrmo | 9 years ago
0 likes

For info i don't think she has gone, fairly confident same person.

https://twitter.com/_frnn

ricardogarlondez | 9 years ago
0 likes

"stupid is as stupid does"

atgni | 9 years ago
0 likes
Redvee | 9 years ago
0 likes

The girl has now deleted her twitter account, managed to follow her early this morning before it all kicked off and she protected her tweets. Now the 19yr old who has only been driving Oct 2014 has due for a speed awareness course as well as the above of failing to stop after and accident even though the cyclist, going by her side of things, was only knocked to his feet when she clipped his elbow when he was riding just outside the cycle lane.

mrmo replied to Redvee | 9 years ago
0 likes
Redvee wrote:

The girl has now deleted her twitter account, managed to follow her early this morning before it all kicked off and she protected her tweets. Now the 19yr old who has only been driving Oct 2014 has due for a speed awareness course as well as the above of failing to stop after and accident even though the cyclist, going by her side of things, was only knocked to his feet when she clipped his elbow when he was riding just outside the cycle lane.

It is 6years since i learnt to drive, so i have forgotten some of the details, isn't it six points and loose your licence??? She certainly seems like a driver who should be no where near a car!

SteppenHerring | 9 years ago
0 likes

I know this has been called many times before, but in the above tweets, replace the word "cyclist" with "jew" or "disabled person" ...

For some reason there is still this mass perception that anyone using a bicycle for transport is some sort of sub-human and can be bullied and mocked. And that this bullying and mockery is some sort of "edgy humour".

Often this is by the people who moan like fuck when a cyclist stops them from reaching the next red light 5 seconds earlier, but sit in a queue of cars without comment.

I despair of the human race sometimes, I really do.

Brooess | 9 years ago
0 likes

Emma Way was found out when the Police saw her tweet and told her to get in touch - so OP, have you sent either of your screen dumps - the original one and also the Dave Rowlinson one to the Police? I would have hoped you can send it to your local force and they would be required to find out where these people live and pass it on to their local force?
You have got to wonder how stupid these people are to make such public admissions of assault...

aje | 9 years ago
0 likes

She is not the only proud anti-cyclist. This one from a few days early appears to be an admission of assault.

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

will some people never learn about social media, idiot !!

GrahamF | 9 years ago
0 likes

Possibly co-incidident, but red Honda with ladders on top was weaving and driving all over the road towards oncoming traffic and other cyclists. One guy from the ukcyclingevents sportive out of Turweston (Northamptonshire) was knocked off. He was ok, thank goodness, but left brake lever and other parts were wrecked. We traced the car, OU02XFB, in the next village then phoned the police. Driver has been nicked and ukcyclingevents made aware of this. The road was really busy with cyclists, but there was no need to drive like an idiot, hit another human then drive away! Driver will probably be told they were very naughty and not to do it again though  2

Rich_O | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looks like she possibly works for H&M, I'm sure they might be interested as well.

farrell replied to Rich_O | 9 years ago
0 likes
Rich_O wrote:

Looks like she possibly works for H&M, I'm sure they might be interested as well.

Didn't H&M do a range of cycling gear recently?

Argos74 | 9 years ago
0 likes

//i.imgur.com/uxSMOaq.png)

I think failing to stop after an accident might tip it over the edge. At time of writing, she's tweeting every few minutes. Bless her cotton socks.

[edit] And tweets are now protected other than to her confirmed followers.

Still, got this before she took herself off Twitter.

//i.imgur.com/oRPRG3w.png)

Pages

Latest Comments