Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Women's Classics, Novilon Eurocup

Does reaching the dizzy height of 38.9m above sea level really qualify as "High Mountains"? I know it's only a bonus comp, but surely that will skew the rider abilities info, and possibly value in the wrong race types.

I'm guessing CPL isn't a summit finish, and GWF isn't an ITT either.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

20 comments

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I hate to point things out to people as I often get things wrong, but Twybaydos....if you look at the results. 39th place today.....One Elizabeth Armitstead.....  105

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

It looks like I had no less than 6 starters! And, completely by chance, mind you, I got 5th, 6th and 15th. Happy with that!

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,6,14 for me.

Aragonite | 9 years ago
0 likes

Only had three starters from my eight in this comp. Fortunately one of them won

EDIT - Missed one, make that four starters.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm not saying you have to look elsewhere. I'm just saying, those that do, would be better looking away from PCS.

I loaded the OFFICIAL startlist, as I do with every race. It is the most upto date the official race site had and therefore. I used it.

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Gkam84 you cannot justify the integrity of the game by saying look it up yourself...its a paid for game, if the info is not on this site then in my opinion the races should not be in the game... I personally dont want to troll through hard to find cycling sites for information that the game should provide...
I have played this game for 4 years now and I can honestly say that I enjoyed it more 4 years ago....I dont think that any of the continuous changes have done anything to improve the playability and enjoyment of the game....Same annoying problems at the start of every season is becoming increasingly detrimental to the enjoyment of it.... Just my humble opinion....

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

http://www.rondevandrenthe.nl/programma/damesrondes/novilon-eurocup

Click on Deelnemerslijst Novilon Eurocup that is the official startlist that I am going by

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

http://www.pelotonwatch.com/calendar/2015/women/noviloneurocup/startlist...

http://women.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editi...

PS Lizzie Armitstead, everyone's normal go-to lady rider, is not on the startlist.

I like doing women's races because it forces me to have an interest in it. I don't care about the tour of Qatar or US races where TJ wins but the game forces me to take an interest then too.

triccky100 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I don't have any issues at all with the Women's races but it would be nice to have some update on the scoring?

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

There is a full startlist for tomorrow out there. Just like you get with the mens.

If people would look further than ProCyclingStats it would help them greatly. I don't even use that site at all.

naffets | 9 years ago
0 likes

Not that im not interested in womens cycling but imo its not working in the game mainly due to lack of information startlists et al so no way of setting up team apart from guessing eg tomorrows stage no startlist and limited subs.

Gilbert and Sullivan replied to naffets | 9 years ago
0 likes
naffets wrote:

Not that im not interested in womens cycling but imo its not working in the game mainly due to lack of information startlists et al so no way of setting up team apart from guessing eg tomorrows stage no startlist and limited subs.

I totally agree and made the same point about a week ago.The good men responsible for the game are trying to reflect the overall increase in interest in pro womens cycling which is admirable but does it work from a fantasy perspective with so little available info re start lists etc.It becomes little more than a lottery.Errbud made this point first and was told unequivocally that if he didnt like it then don't play.That does not invalidate his point IMO.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

WWC is part of the overall

Gilbert and Sullivan replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

WWC is part of the overall

The WWC scores from today haven't been included in the overall league.

triccky100 replied to Gilbert and Sullivan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yep noticed that as well, the WWC scores have not been included but the Women's Classics Bonus scores have been included in the overall league. Presumably this should be the other way around?

Gilbert and Sullivan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Does anyone know if for scoring purposes all the women's competitions have been abandoned now?

Jonas Lorenzen | 9 years ago
0 likes

YES!!! 20 pts. for me  41

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's done on tandems too.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

GWF is just a very very very long ITT where they all time trial at the same time against each other, in teams. It's one of the only ITTs like this.

simon F replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

You are @ukcyclingexpert and I claim my £5  4

Latest Comments