Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

singlespeed cross

i want to buy a singlespeed to use for cyclocross, fire roads etc.i've been looking at genesis and gitane city link.is there anything else i should consider?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Simon_MacMichael | 14 years ago
0 likes

As an Italian speaker who got a good grasp of the more colloquial side of the language when I studied and worked out there, I'll third the Pompino, if only for the name  4  4  4  3

AdamML | 14 years ago
0 likes

I'll second VecchioJo's Il Pompino recommendation...

VecchioJo | 14 years ago
0 likes

and at it sometimes, for making me cry
it's a good bike and ready to race out the box if you swap the front chainring for something you can get up hills on

the Felt Breed is very nice, and last years Specialized Tricross Single if you can find one is cheap and cheerful if you don't mind keeping an eye on all the bearings, the Surly Crosscheck can be singlespeeded as it has semi-horizontal dropouts, and lets not forget the classic, nay, iconic On-One Pompino

getting more exotic or hard to find there's the Voodoo Wazoo, Spot Black, the Van Dessel "Country Road Bob" and then there's always Speedvagen..

i'm sure i've forgotten some, but if you want one that you can buy tomorrow and ride at the weekend and is stonking good value as well then get the Genesis Day One

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

VecchioJo swears by his Kona Major One...

Latest Comments