Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta a Andalucia/Ruta Ciclista Del Sol

Well, we're in! Thank you, Dave!  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

24 comments

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wow if i hadn't read a preview for this I'd of missed the fact it's first 2 stages are on the first day  40

runaroundsioux | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave, for those of us that live in the Southern Hemisphere, can you give us an indication what time Stage 1b of Ruta Del Sol will be available for selection. It appears 1a closes at about 8pm (Down Under). Will it be immediately after 1a closes or will it be after that race has finished ??? Thanks  102

TERatcliffe26 replied to runaroundsioux | 9 years ago
0 likes
RunaroundSioux wrote:

Dave, for those of us that live in the Southern Hemisphere, can you give us an indication what time Stage 1b of Ruta Del Sol will be available for selection. It appears 1a closes at about 8pm (Down Under). Will it be immediately after 1a closes or will it be after that race has finished ??? Thanks  102

1a closesat 10am uk time, and 1b immediatley opens, with 5 hours until 3pm uk time to get in your transfers. (hope this helps)

Its going to be sneak out of work on my mobile for me (no doubt I will forget!)

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

I was looking at the PCS startlist and I think they have the follwoing 2 riders starting that I don't see in the game...

Fabio Andres Duarte
Jose Herrada

Can we activate the feature where we can add those riders even if they're not on the start list, or do we have to wait until they're uploaded?...  39

The budget is really tight, too!  22

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

I was looking at the PCS startlist and I think they have the follwoing 2 riders starting that I don't see in the game...

Fabio Andres Duarte
Jose Herrada

Can we activate the feature where we can add those riders even if they're not on the start list, or do we have to wait until they're uploaded?...  39

The budget is really tight, too!  22

Think this budget is quite lax, found it harder picking my standard for Qatar and same for the Alagarve race

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I think the USA pro challenge mixes things up , admittedly not a race I follow or enjoy but I think it has its place in the fantasy game tbh

Btw Dave et al thanks for the del sol  41

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

We wont be having both Joel, we already have Oman at almost the same time.

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

i'm all for requests, me. not everything that gets requested is gonna go in, but it helps to know what people want.

given the strength of the ruta del sol roster compared to the algarve we'll probably swap these two and do ruta as the main comp with algarve as bonus purist

Joelsim replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

i'm all for requests, me. not everything that gets requested is gonna go in, but it helps to know what people want.

given the strength of the ruta del sol roster compared to the algarve we'll probably swap these two and do ruta as the main comp with algarve as bonus purist

They both have good fields, way better than USA Pro Challenge or something like that. We could have both?

Florry | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for adding Ruta del Sol! Should be heaps of fun  1

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yay! Thank you, Dave!  1

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Both may be run in some form or another  3

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm in. Not for the med obvs. Last year we did algarve rather than the ruta del sol but I think Andalucia has a better line up, plus Froome might win it; I hear he is quite popular.

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm in. I'm also sorry Enrique won't do some scoring and won't have access to the back end of the game... It would have probably been fun and the name of the game might have needed to become "fantasy fantasy cycling"...

Joelsim replied to cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

I'm in. I'm also sorry Enrique won't do some scoring and won't have access to the back end of the game... It would have probably been fun and the name of the game might have needed to become "fantasy fantasy cycling"...

Not sure my computer could handle my 229 teams tbh, it's only got 48TB memory RAM stuff

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

yep, cont me in.

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

lets do it!

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

lets do it!

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yep me too

Btester2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm in!

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

There is a simple way to answer the second part of your request, NO, you won't be getting on the scoring and back end of the game.

The first part is being looked at, the tour of the med and ruta del sol are being considered. We do think about these all the time, no need for requests

simon F replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

... the tour of the med ...

Hmm - dunno about that.

inrng says (and I quote from his website)

Quote:

For races facing extinction we only have to look at the Tour Cycliste Méditerranéen, better known as Le Tour Med. This race has been a glorious fixture on the early season calendar with Mont Faron as the first summit finish of the year. Now it’s vanished, the race organiser says he has three stages that straddle Spain and France but the French Ligue says €150,000 in unpaid prize money needs to be resolved and for now it’s not on the UCI calendar either.

down to 3 stages, and teams owed money from last year. Not very promising for a good showing of teams/riders.

chiv30 replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm in
Also gkam based on your comment quoted here:

Gkam84 wrote:

the tour of the med and ruta del sol are being considered. We do think about these all the time, no need for requests

With all due respect I think Dave posted in another thread something along the lines of " if anyone wants races added then post suggestions and we will look at it "

So based on that I'm not sure why there isn't a need for requests ?

Aragonite | 9 years ago
0 likes

More the merrier, imo.

Latest Comments