Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bke Box hire for Air Travel

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can hire a bike box for an overseas trip?

I'm thinking of going to Nice for a break and want to take my bike.

Thanks in advance

Paul

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Eebijeebi | 9 years ago
0 likes

Another for Bike Box Alan. Hired one from the surprisingly named Bike Box Hire Company who delivered and collected by courier.

Can you seriously imagine breaking down your bike and packing it at the airport though?

big mick replied to Eebijeebi | 9 years ago
0 likes
Eebijeebi wrote:

Another for Bike Box Alan. Hired one from the surprisingly named Bike Box Hire Company who delivered and collected by courier.

Can you seriously imagine breaking down your bike and packing it at the airport though?

Theres not too much to take apart to put a bike in a box really  39

Nathan79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

try cycle sport in Lincoln they hire bike boxes according to their website

http://www.cyclesport-lincs.com/pages/bike-box-hire

pauld | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi Nathan, i'm in Lincoln

LondonDynaslow | 9 years ago
0 likes

What would be really useful is a hire company that will deliver the box to an airport and then get it back from you there. They're quite hard to fit in the back of a car with the rest of your holiday luggage, or at least they're hard to fit in mine.

giobox replied to LondonDynaslow | 9 years ago
0 likes
deblemund wrote:

What would be really useful is a hire company that will deliver the box to an airport and then get it back from you there. They're quite hard to fit in the back of a car with the rest of your holiday luggage, or at least they're hard to fit in mine.

Think you'd be surprised how small a car you can get the aforementioned Bike Box Alan into. Most small hatchbacks will accommodate it flat if the seats are down, leaving plenty of room to pile holiday luggage on top.

Your airport pickup/dropoff idea is an interesting one, but would be a nightmare in practice. The poor pickup guy would spend half his life waiting for delayed flights!

Nathan79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Where are you Paul ? A lot of decent bike shops hire them even some manufacturers.
try http://bikeboxalan.co.uk/index.php?pg=hire

Latest Comments