Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta stage 21

Team. 1 pen.

Christopher Froome (SKY)
Rohan Dennis (BMC)
Jesse Sergent (TFR)
David Millar (GRS)
Kristof Vandewalle (TFR)
Alberto Contador (TSB)
Maciej Bodnar (CAD)
Adriano Malori (MOV)
Luis Leon Sanchez (CJR)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

20 comments

Bodsey | 9 years ago
0 likes

Amazing, I've been playing this game for 3 seasons but haven't had the opportunity to follow the Vuelta properly this time around. Well.. not quite as much as I generally do the classics and grand tours. I'm also usually pretty rubbish at picking more than 2 or 3 riders in a team to score TT points, so imagine my surprise when I checked the stage scores today. 1st!!!!

Well, tied with 6 others anyway...

36  36  36  36  36  36  36

We all seem to have the same team, save for some having LuLu and others Castroviejo.

When's the coin toss for the  16 sunglasses?

enrique replied to Bodsey | 9 years ago
0 likes
Bodsey wrote:

1st!!!!...

What a nice feeling! Congratulations!  1

39 Hmmm... I can't seem to help myself... Here's the 'Best Purist Team' possible calculated within the limits of my limited analytical skills...

40.0 Alejandro Valverde
31.4 Alberto Contador
30.8 Christopher Froome
17.2 Damiano Caruso
11.1 Jasper Stuyven
10.4 Luis Leon Sanchez
9.7 Winner Anacona
5.9 Vicente Reynes Mimo
3.0 Lluis Guillermo Mas

Total: 159.5 credits

That team would have yielded 1956 points... This is what's cool, though... If the only transfers you did during the entire race were to switch Valverde, Contador and Froome for Degenkolb, Matthews and Bouhanni, at every 'sprint' or 'small group sprint' stage, you would have come in with 2602 points... more (!) than enough to win the competition!  1 You would have 62 points more than the competition winner, RunAroundSioux! Nice game, by the way!  1 And (!) you would have had 14 transfers to spare (!)  4 Isn't that cool?...  4

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

He'll have removed himself to make the point about it not being about cheating. I believe him on that and would welcome him back. But it should always be about 1 team per player.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I may have come 3rd, but only because Enrique seems to have been removed or has removed himself. as its saying 4th, but only 2 above me. only 8 points off real 3rd place

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,4 + Contador, Froome and Lulu. Canny stage result to finish  4

0 likes

with 20 pens I have 1,2,3,4,11 + Froome, Contador and LuLu, with top 20 not likely to change, should keep me 5th, fingers crossed, and I can hope to get 3rd, but doubt i will have made 25 points up, barring the 2 above me playing safe keeping gc guys.

If it stays as it is my 11th place for vandewalle will have evened exactly, so 10 pens to get the top 4 should be a good return

Joelsim replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

with 20 pens I have 1,2,3,4,11 + Froome, Contador and LuLu, with top 20 not likely to change, should keep me 5th, fingers crossed, and I can hope to get 3rd, but doubt i will have made 25 points up, barring the 2 above me playing safe keeping gc guys.

If it stays as it is my 11th place for vandewalle will have evened exactly, so 10 pens to get the top 4 should be a good return

I'll bet you have moved up Tom.

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

One pen - Have 1,2,3,7,11 plus Froome, Contador and LL Sanchez and the rain looks like it'll stop anything from changing that. 11th just 2 secs behind 4th so could've been better, but can't argue with three 1,2,3's in one day! Here's hoping Montreal gives me a fourth...

Joelsim replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

One pen - Have 1,2,3,7,11 plus Froome, Contador and LL Sanchez and the rain looks like it'll stop anything from changing that. 11th just 2 secs behind 4th so could've been better, but can't argue with three 1,2,3's in one day! Here's hoping Montreal gives me a fourth...

I have exactly the same as you, plus Millar.

chrisdstripes replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

Ha - my ninth is Millar as well! I thought he might try to get in a break on 18 or 19, and ended up keeping him to the end.

Joelsim replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:
Joelsim wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

Ha - my ninth is Millar as well! I thought he might try to get in a break on 18 or 19, and ended up keeping him to the end.

I think we should both be in the top few for this.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Has it been raining throughout?

chrisdstripes replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Has it been raining throughout?

Nope, started apparently during Vandewalle's ride. Can't see anyone getting close to the top 3 now...

0 likes

should not have made the last minute penalty for vandwalle  20  20  20 gonna cost me big time!

Joelsim replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

should not have made the last minute penalty for vandwalle  20  20  20 gonna cost me big time!

He's a chump. Luckily my last minute change was Dennis and Bodnar for Valverde, already had VdW in on a free.

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

Contador
Froome
Dennis
Clement
Malori
Lutzenko
Matthews
Breen
Mas

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

7 transfers (20 pens)

Dennis
Malori
Ludvigsson
Sergent
Vandewalle
Coppel
Contador
Froome
LuLu

Would of been 10 pens but Jungels got removed after I'd done my transfers  29
Currently 120th be nice to break the top 100  105

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

hmm not yet

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

gone for,

Alberto Contador
Koldo Fernandez
Christopher Froome
Vasil Kiryienka
Adriano Malori
Jesse Sergent
Rohan Dennis
Luis Leon Sanchez
Tobias Ludvigsson

0 likes

20 pens, took the risk, may as well come 7th or 8th and try and get 3rd, rather than playing safe for 5th. 7 the same as joel, no Bodnar or Millar that he has, I have Kudus + another

Latest Comments