Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Why do you ride ?

After reading the forum and blogs for a while now it seems there is a large spectrum of riders on roadcc, so I thought I'd ask the question - what makes you get on your bike - training, fitness, fun or just 'cause you love riding ?

Me, everything is based around my time trialling but I'll chuck in a few sportives as well. Luckily I just love to ride my bike which is why I commute 140 miles, do a long weekend ride and 2 turbo sessions a week.  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

kao | 14 years ago
0 likes

because its fun!! and the uni club is great!

neilwheel | 14 years ago
0 likes

A chance encounter with a bike race as a teenager made me realise there was more to life than gang culture and hanging out on street corners.
Cycling probably saved me from a life of crime and spared me from a violent, premature end.

Apart from that ... dunno really.

canyonsi | 14 years ago
0 likes

"because i can", at about 14 / 15 years old joined Local Club, Coalville Wheelers, and since then have cycled on / off over the past 30 years. (ouch)

The past few years have seen more MTB, (i live in riding distance of Cannock Chase) and have done a few MTB "events", but have entered the Dragon Ride & Cheshire Cat this year.

Commute is 36 miles round trip which I try to do at least 3 times a week.

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

It is ok actually. I have plenty of the real life videos because I find them far more motivational than some 3d graphic scene. Riding up the ventoux, tourmalet, doing segments of milan-san remo...its a good way to spend a rubbish wet, cold sunday. Get yourself a good turbo tyre and its fine. The resistance certainly ramps up on the steep parts!

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

I started road riding 'cause my dad did and I wanted to be like my dad (when I was 11 or 12). Moved into triathlons for the competitive edge but always have loved riding my bike.

Now I do a long (100km +) training ride on a saturday morning, commute about 200km per week and do a couple of alpine stages on the imagic when time allows.

stuke replied to Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

tempted on getting an imagic, (got a Tacx flow at the moment) how realistic does it feel?

Latest Comments