Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Campag cassette with SRAM components

Hello Experts,

initially coming from a mountain bike background and recently acquiring a road bike I still have a few questions that maybe one of you can help with.

I recently purchased some Mavic Cosmic Carbones from eBay with a Campag freehub body, my plan was to change it for a Shimano M10 style (as the entire groupset is SRAM Rival), I then thought 'hang on' rather than buy a new freehub body and another cassette, I may be able to install a Campag 10spd cassette only and run this with the SRAM groupset, is this possible?
Many thanks
Pete  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

purplecup | 14 years ago
0 likes

Why do they do them one way round but not the other?

Blackhound | 14 years ago
0 likes

As purplecup says, and these very nice people can supply you:

http://www.surosa.co.uk/

purplecup | 14 years ago
0 likes

you can get ambrosio cassettes that have a shimano spline pattern and campy spacing. don't know if anyone does one the other way round?

ArkRanger | 14 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the quick reply Cat1 and for the link. Yes you are correct; from reading the link there is a sprocket pitch gap of 0.20mm between Campag, & SRAM/Shimano, that's answered my question perfectly.

Many thanks again!

cat1commuter | 14 years ago
0 likes

I don't think it will work because the sprocket pitch is different between Campagnolo and Shimano/SRAM. This page on the CTC site has a lot of detail.

Latest Comments