Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 17

Looks too technical to me for a straight forward sprint so a few GC changes for me plus a couple punchers types

Kelderman(pozzo)
Swift(Wellens)
Battaglin(Monlsave)
Quintana(Evans)
Henao(Rabottini)

Aru
Majka
Arredondo
Uran

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

61 comments

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

The race for podium is tight and interesting, but the winner will, barring unexpected incident, go to Quintana or Uran. Uran does need to out time into Quintana in the TT to stand any sort of chance though.

As for third place, I'd (rashly?) count out Rolland as he can't TT for toffee and is more likely after a stage win. It would be fab to see an Italian on the podium - Pozzovivo or Aru - but I still have a sneaking suspicion that Old Man Cadel will just do enough.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Got the full house, went for sprinters. Only really lost out on about 12 points by bringing in Bouh, Nizz and swift for Uran, Majka and Pozz. I had Wellens still which is all good. Just need a penalty tomorrow.

You say Rolland can't TT for toffee  39 yes on a normal TT, but this is uphill, think im gonna risk him over Uran for the next few stages

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Think yourselves lucky, I got -4 today ha ha.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ive gone for Rolland over Uran, but that means I can bring in Hesjedal for the ITT if I wish, shame I will have to axe Wellens though.

Nix | 9 years ago
0 likes

None of my riders in breakaway so I expected a very bad score.

And it was 60 points. I think Uran was my first rider to finish.

However all of my 9 riders managed to scrounge points somehow. So I ended up with Full House Badge.  41 Well done team. Haha.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nah I lost interest after the blow out on the Stelvio stage. Didn't even look at yesterday's profile, just put 6 sprinters in. Roll on the Dauphine.

Stumps replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

The race for podium is tight and interesting, but the winner will, barring unexpected incident, go to Quintana or Uran. Uran does need to out time into Quintana in the TT to stand any sort of chance though.

As for third place, I'd (rashly?) count out Rolland as he can't TT for toffee and is more likely after a stage win. It would be fab to see an Italian on the podium - Pozzovivo or Aru - but I still have a sneaking suspicion that Old Man Cadel will just do enough.

I personally think it will be Quintana - Uran for the 1-2. As for third there is only 55 secs between 3rd and 9th so even Hesjedal (9th) could make it onto the podium if everything fell his way.

The TT being uphill is anyoine's guess  39

enrique replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

...-4 today...

Wow...  13 What now?..  7 More penalties tomorrow?  7 What's your competition rank now?...  7

Ghedebrav replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Ive gone for Rolland over Uran, but that means I can bring in Hesjedal for the ITT if I wish, shame I will have to axe Wellens though.

I've gone for both! Rolland at the expense of Kelderman. No Wellens (but Arredondo remains).

VVV73 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Got the full house, went for sprinters. Only really lost out on about 12 points by bringing in Bouh, Nizz and swift for Uran, Majka and Pozz. I had Wellens still which is all good. Just need a penalty tomorrow.

You say Rolland can't TT for toffee  39 yes on a normal TT, but this is uphill, think im gonna risk him over Uran for the next few stages

Love to see Rolland in a downhill TT , he has to be one of the best downhiller on tour , he gets away effortlessly. Seems Veocks passing on his knowledge. Watch those House patio's in france tho , make sure the gate is open. LOL

ray silvester replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Love to see Rolland in a downhill TT , he has to be one of the best downhiller on tour , he gets away effortlessly. Seems Veocks passing on his knowledge. Watch those House patio's in france tho , make sure the gate is open. LOL

I'd take Nibs,Sammy,Sagan,Cunego,Hushovd and Spartacus above Rolland on the downhill all day long?

VVV73 replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I'd take Nibs,Sammy,Sagan,Cunego,Hushovd and Spartacus above Rolland on the downhill all day long?

Look how old he is mate and how old they are, you have to learn somewhere and he is Veocks teammate, any how you didn't even mention maybe the fastest atm .. PHINNEY, we seen that at USA and won't for awhile after breaking his leg.  1

I was just commenting on how easy he just rolls away from peleton every downhill or is right at the front, he just a natural, no where did I say he was the best(one of , I should have said younger maybe :), We ALL KNOW about Nibs, Sagan , Cunego and co. have for years and I play PCM(pro cycling manager) gives you all their stats so u get a bit of an Idea  1

dave atkinson replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

As for third place, I'd (rashly?) count out Rolland as he can't TT for toffee

it's not a TT* though, it's just riding as fast as possible up a massive hill. he's good at that.

*it is technically a TT. but you won't see any TT bikes

Ghedebrav replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
Ghedebrav wrote:

As for third place, I'd (rashly?) count out Rolland as he can't TT for toffee

it's not a TT* though, it's just riding as fast as possible up a massive hill. he's good at that.

*it is technically a TT. but you won't see any TT bikes

I'll be happy to eat my words as he's in my squad and I'm not planning on taking him out.

hubertoi | 9 years ago
0 likes

Goddamn 8/9 riders scored points. I'm never gonna get full house.

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

looks like there's some KOM points missing for some reason, i'll re-update

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nice little graphic from @Movistar_Team

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Who does one email with scoring questions?

enrique replied to Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dux89 wrote:

Who does one email with scoring questions?

Why don't you post it here?...

Dux89 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Enrique: I did. See above.

Looks like Dave has it covered though.

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

woo hoo a massive 31 points today  24  24

keith roberts | 9 years ago
0 likes

terrible day at the fantasy office....  20

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well what I thought was a disaster saw me climb 3 places in the fs up to 4th ....my late surge with a few gambles may be on  39

Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes

Had Wellens but took out Quintana and Pirazzi for Bouhanni and Nizzolo so covered both ways. Made up a little ground after the debacle of yesterday. Luckily for all of us PolishDave also took out Pirazzi as well.

I was away on holiday for a couple of days so I didn't look at any news so I didn't know about the Rolland thing although I thought he and Hesjedal might attack. I should have put in Cataldo instead of Duarte though as I was going for mountain points as he did have a few already. Luckily Wellens turned up a few points today.

I didn't see yesterday's stage live but I've never seen such scenes. It was like Dave's changing who the Combativity points go to x 10000. I have a bet on Uran to win and one on Hesjedal to podium so I was simultaneously wanting Uran to fight back and Hesjedal to take back as much time as possible. I thought the second bet was dead and buried after stage one but now he's only 45 secs back on third and with the way he is attacking and the way the race is going who knows what will happen. Even the fantasy GC is very tight.

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Shouldn't Malacarne have gotten 2 points for 2nd KOM? Anyone else notice?

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I never saw today as being a day for the sprinters....I actually brought in Paolini and Arashiro as I thought that the stage suited their punchy styles....Chuffed for Pirazzi though...
I spoke to him before the Stoke on Trent start in last years Tour of Britain, and in my broken English/Italian I said," Love you as a rider but why do you keep going in these crazy breaks at times...."
His reply in even worse broken English/Italian was, "I cannot stop myself, I just love to ride my bike the same as when I was 5 years old..."
Said with the biggest grin on his face that you could ever wish to see...

And I think that just about sums him up.....Brilliant attitude...  1

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... I said," Love you as a rider but why do you keep going in these crazy breaks at times...." His reply..., "I cannot stop myself..."... with the biggest grin on his face... Brilliant attitude...

Nice little chat... Pretty cool...

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ha ha! Just got home to see the result! Not a single guy in the top twenty, just whatever scraps from classifications and a couple of team-mate bonuses.

That was a waste of five transfers...  20

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm hoping those above me had more transfers and banked on a proper Sprint if not I'm fubar  35

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wow might have scrapped 60 points today  2
Shame I dropped wellens!!  24
But on the plus side ive got Pirazzi in my purist  38

Pages

Latest Comments