Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro stage 12 ITT

30 pens today

Majka
Kelderman
Cataldo
Arredondo
Uran
Aru
Malori
Hesjedal
Pozzovivo

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

68 comments

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

lucky i couldn't afford/be arsed to take ulissi out, eh  3

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

129 today, slipping down that leaderboard...

Still, I'm moderately happy with that score. Twenty penalty points taken for tomorrow's stage but should be the last pens for a while, barring multiple DNS/Fs.

I wouldn't write off Evans yet. He'll be disappointed not to have done better today and Uran is in pole, but he still put time into Quintana. Both OPQS and BMC look to have super-strong and largely intact teams, which is more than can be said of Movistar.

Keep an eye on Pozzovivo sneaking in there as well.

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dropped another 200+ places today, now outside the top 500 (after being in the top 100 only a couple of days ago  20 ).

Gutted my team, taken penalties for tomorrow and have no sprinters, going to stockpile transfers and try for a stage win in the mountains.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

9th now  2

robacairns | 9 years ago
0 likes

Since I'm in the mix at this stage (although taking the 10 pens to put in Malori and Ludvigsson did not go as planned), I was wondering if anyone knows what the prizes are this year - I looked around the site a bit but could not find it.
Although, I think I may be headed further down the table, as I did not plan ahead as I normally do, and I think I'm pretty screwed for tomorrow's stage in terms of getting the TT guys out and sprinters in.

Rob

0 likes

there's a big 'prizes' box on the giro game team page, too. y'know, with the prizes in

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'd not noticed the prize box.

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Malori seems to have done very badly, he has just disappeared.

Joelsim wrote:

I suspect most people have taken Ulissi out today, like me. D'oh!

Joelsim wrote:

I have to admit I think 180 is slightly too high for this field. For a more expensive field for the Tour then perhaps. A lot of teams will have exactly the same names next week.

cherrypicked wrote:

I think 150 to 180 would have been fine priced as is.

For the Tour de France I think it is important that the cost of the low to mid riders is lower relative to the more expensive and high point scorers. With the best going full gas the rest don't score much. It would be nice to find some value hidden in the lower riders

....hopes Dave is listening...

Heh heh. Good post.

drheaton wrote:

Cycling is a stupid stupid sport. Ludviggson down, Castro slow, Malori slow...

drheaton wrote:

... I've picked what I think is as good a TT team as I can get (without Monfort) and still have more than 35 credits left over which is frankly ridiculous...

What's ridiculous is how a race can kick you in the teeth in spite of you practically being able to afford just about any rider you want, eat you up, spit you out, laugh in your face and say 'You can't tame me! Not even with you being able to pick any 9 riders you want!' I hate this race, but I love this game...

drheaton wrote:

I'm all for experimenting with budgets but 180 is way too high.

We'll see if dave's comment still holds true...

Dave Atkinson wrote:

... i look forward to seeing exactly the same people doing well...

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Maybe the 'click to see prizes' should be more prominent...

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
robacairns | 9 years ago
0 likes

D'oh! Thanks for the prize info - looks great, and that's my dumb question for today out of the way.
In my defence, I think my brain filtered out that prize box as an internet ad, given the graphic design, size and placing.

I'm generally considered a smart guy, but I am reminded of this old cartoon:

http://www.postmodernsass.com/blogger/uploaded_images/MajorTom-761798.jpeg

Rob

0 likes

si, lo creo

tony kappler | 9 years ago
0 likes

Are you going to score the cat 4 climb as per your stage scoring information? The points have been added to the Giro KOM table.
Pozzovivo
Uran
Aru.

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Everyone who couldn't afford to take Ulissi out got quite a nice surprise. At least leaving Bouhanni in netted me a bunch of lanterne rouge points...

dave atkinson replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Dave Atkinson wrote:

the 2013 giro winner is currently 2nd. and the 2012 giro winner is currently 5th.

so it's not exactly all change, is it?

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

si, lo creo

Gracias, muy amable...  1

Joelsim replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
enrique wrote:

Dave Atkinson wrote:

the 2013 giro winner is currently 2nd. and the 2012 giro winner is currently 5th.

Hmm, that doesn't fill me with confidence. Nor does the fact that a few others have wins under their belts.  13

stevemarks replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:

si, lo creo

Gracias, muy amable...  1

Compraros un habitation, vosotros dos!

cherrypicked replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:
enrique wrote:

Dave Atkinson wrote:

Hmm, that doesn't fill me with confidence. Nor does the fact that a few others have wins under their belts.  13

Ah but thankfully Wig_Billy is stage hunting

enrique replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Compraros un habitation, vosotros dos!

Que lindo eres... Pero lo nuestro no se puede esconder en la oscuridad...

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

... it's not exactly all change, is it?

Sr. Atkinson, yo creo que usted no entiende que estoy de su lado del argumento...  22

Alan Tullett replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
enrique wrote:

Dave Atkinson wrote:

And I was 10th (and 5th most of the race) in the 2011 Tour and 20th in 2013 but I've never done well in the Giro. I think it's because I just followed the other races rather than picking for them and used the other races to work out a strategy for the big one and kept myself fresh; a bit like my man Uran.

hubertoi | 9 years ago
0 likes

Damn im eating so many penalty points. Dunno if it's going better or worse than without all the transfers.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Evans has gone now IMO, the race is between Uran and Pozzovivo unless Nairo can pull one out of the bag big time.

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Quintana 3:29 down on GC - now if he's feeling good come the weekend it could make for some VERY exciting racing next week...

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,3,7,8 and last for me, plus a few extras - GC, teammate bonus etc. Should've stuck with my gut that it would be mainly GC guys up there and not bothered with Malori or Ludvigsson, although in fairness a fully fit Malori might still have gone well, and I didn't realise he'd crashed when I picked him.

I've been rubbish this Giro, keep making fairly good predictions but for some reason not picking my fantasy team to reflect them! Will be going for a good stage in the mountains now...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Transfers already done for tmw.

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Bouhanni looking good for LR. Not that he's in my squad.

Pages

Latest Comments