Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Which bike to get? Specialized Tarmac Elite or Colnago CLX 3.0 105 spec

Hi,

I am new to this forum & would just like some help & advice from some fellow cyclists. I am looking at upgrading from my Specialized Allez Elite to a carbon bike and would like to know what you guys & girls think. I have 2 bikes in mind, Specialized Tarmac Elite & the Colnago CLX 3.0 shimano 105 spec (both 2014 spec). Both are around the same price range & the spec is not massively different.

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Scrufftie | 9 years ago
0 likes

I doubt it's a case of chalk and cheese. Most bikes are bought on a combination of price/preference/prejudice/components.

I have a '13 CLX 3.0, which I bought to replace my stolen C40. Colnago has a reputation for building stable frames, rather than ultra-light. I'm really pleased with the CLX and they are a little less common the Specialized, if that sort of thing matters.

If you wait 'til September, I'm sure you'll get a great discount but then yo'll have missed out on a summer of riding it. Put a price on that.

veseunr | 9 years ago
0 likes

IMHO both bikes are overpriced so I hope you've got a good discount.

Canyon?!

Latest Comments