Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Bike

after my wheels question, and interweb browse, maybe a new bike is not out of the question, and I am drawn towards the Boardman Pro thing at £999.00, it seams to have good (great?) reviews, anyone got experiance to pass on, after a £1000.00 is a lot of money!

si

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

canyonsi | 14 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, the Halfords Voucher has arrived!, so off to local store to pick up Boardman Team Carbon........................

http://www.runabikescheme.co.uk/

........made the whole thing really easy - many thanks

si

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

canyonsi - ive done the halfords cycle2work scheme, no problems..took a bit of time as you request it, then you sign the contract then you wait for the cooling off period (11 days) then they send you your voucher, order bike wait a week..and finally collect bike, took just under 7 weeks in total i reckon. but no problems and the bikes good, esp. as its tax freee. (got the Boardman Team comp SC singlespeed btw, as i was only allowed 500 notes from my employer)

canyonsi | 14 years ago
0 likes

Cheers,

as Halfords was looking at the Cycle2work scheme, anyone do this? is it as easy as it is made to sound?

(only 12 of us, and just me that would be interested)

si

Bretagne | 14 years ago
0 likes

Hi Canyons.The other prob' is getting one! I tried to buy a Boardman recently (in Lancashire) & was told they are virtually unobtainable. They certainly were in October, so check with your local Halfords before you buy!!
Geoff.

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

we've just tested the model up from that:

http://road.cc/content/review/11774-boardman-road-pro-carbon

say what you like about halfords, the boardman road bikes are pretty much unbeatable in terms of bangs for buck. it's worth remembering too that boardman bikes aren't 'made' by halfords, they just have exclusive retail rights.

what we have found with the boardman bikes we've tested is that the bikes are great but there's been niggles in terms of build. We lost a spoke on the Pro C because there wasn't enough tension in the wheel, and bent a chainring on the Urban Pro Ltd because the bolts weren't tight. So on the basis of that small sample we'd say it's a good idea to give the bike a thorough inspection for any issues at the outset.

Latest Comments