Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

confusing deadlines in fantasy game...

Guys - just to give you a heads-up.

I logged on at 7am, as the homepage says that the deadline for the Ronde is 8am GMT (which is 9am BST). When I made changes, the countdown clock said I had 2 hours until the deadline, indicating that the deadlines are being displayed in GMT but the countdown clock is operating in BST!

Checked the women's race and the same applies.

Would you be able to amend the homepage so it expresses the deadlines in BST?

Luckily, the Ronde doesn't start 'til 9:30am BST (I think), and you've left yourselves loads of leeway for Vasco, so I'm pretty sure we won't have the same situation as last weekend. However bearing in mind how p'd off some people got when we had a race starting before the deadline, I was a bit worried that might happen again if there was some GMT/BST confusion on the homepage.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the reply - I don't think it matters, I just wanted to make sure it was deliberate and not an oversight...

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

would it be useful to switch the times in 'upcoming' to countdown? so it says '1 day 14 hours' or something instead of the time?

chiv30 replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

would it be useful to switch the times in 'upcoming' to countdown? so it says '1 day 14 hours' or something instead of the time?

It may take away any future confusion , especially for anyone outside the gmt time zone

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

the countdown clock is operating in 'how many hours until the window closes' mode, not BST or any other time zone.

deadlines are shown in GMT because people play all over the world and in the past we've had issues with them not displaying correctly in other countries when not set to GMT. hence the decision to show GMT times.

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

*walks in* *looks around*

Move along nothing to see here... (maybe)

enrique replied to northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

*walks in* *looks around*... nothing to see here...

Heh heh. Missed you.  1

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

You're on top of things. Cheers!  1

Latest Comments