Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Alloy frame for racing

I'm currently racing on a Cinelli Experience; it's stiff & responsive, but not the lightest. Looking at frame options for now. I don't like carbon, so I'm completely discounting it from my selection, so don't bother.

Considering:
CAAD10 Frame: £800
Kinesis Aithein: £650, but scared of hitting the weight limit as my weight fluctuates from 13 - 13.5 stone

Will consider anything else that's reasonably light & reasonably priced (and made of metal)

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

s_lim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Canyon it is. The fact they'll knock £100 off for a new frame with your licence just sweetens the deal. Thanks folks, much appreciated!

lef | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have the ultimate AL. Like it so much I've sold the carbon and have the AL SLX on order. Very stiff and the lightest alloy frame I've come across. Price also includes carbon seatost and quality stem. If you like a low front end get the headset converter which allows for another 10mm-15mm lower.

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

Go second hand for S1. Bombproof.

Will sell you mine. For 4k.

The best alloy frame ever. No question. Sorry. There just isn't.

SamShaw | 10 years ago
0 likes

If you have a BC Racing License you can get a reduction on the cost of the frameset. Worth checking out Canyon's "Sponsoring" page, takes the price down to £550ish.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/service/sponsoring.html

s_lim | 10 years ago
0 likes

See, where can one purchase this mythical creature - afaik S1's aren't in production?

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

Wrong.

You should be racing on Alloy.

You should be racing on a Cervelo S1.

s_lim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ah, you're a star, cheers!!! Just when I'll have money again too  1

j1mmy76 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yes the do. £669 + delivery

Current availability is mid april
http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/series/ultimate-al-slx.html

j1mmy76 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Don't think you can go wrong with either of those. Something else to consider is the Canyon Ultimate AL or AL SLX

s_lim replied to j1mmy76 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Canyon don't seem to offer a frameset on it's own, sadly. Budget is constrained to frame only for now, so I can't stretch to a full bike. I've spent a good bit upgrading the Cinelli (American Classic wheels, Record cranks) so am happy to switch it all over to a new frame.

Latest Comments