Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Design a bike competition

Did we ever get a winner of the Trek Project one design a bike competition?

I can not find any reference to a winner anywhere on the site or find the voting page anymore.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

tom bourlet | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ah damn, a bit too late haha

BikeLockHolmes replied to tom bourlet | 10 years ago
0 likes
tom bourlet wrote:

Ah damn, a bit too late haha

If you just wanna see the entries, my browser had it in its cache:

Trek Project One Competition

In my opinion, half of those entries look like they were done by precocious, color-blind eleven year olds! Hot-Wheelesque "Go Faster!" flames? Seriously?

The other half were undoubtedly conceived with a slide-rule by 50-something, left-brained, creativity-challenged industrial engineers with comb-over hairstyles!

It's no surpise that the most mediocre-looking, the most joyless, "skunk-worky" matte black - so adored by all the herd-followers out there - would get the most votes? I swear! I'm gonna poke my own eyes out with a blunt-ended tire lever if I see another "stealth" bike hacked together by an artless Batman wannabe!

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

results are in, story soon.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

The voting page was pulled at the end of the voting. I'm sure results will be around when things have been sorted out

Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just searched the site and no sign of the voting page, Anyone got it bookmarked (er, for regular progress checks.) Probably the pinky lady biker Juliet still in the lead. Lets just say the vote has been contentious and generated quite a bit of site traffic, and Trek/Road.cc decision will be final, so it will.

Latest Comments