Home

This looks like it's going to be pretty exciting! I'm trying to select my team, but it's pretty hard!  22 The budget is once again at 140. Are we going to keep playing all the stages at this budget until we get to the Grand Tours? I miss the 150 budget!  1

71 comments

Gkam84 [9092 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

You are lucky, I set it up for Dave and changed it to a certain number, It was set at 125 before and then Dave settled on 140....

Ghedebrav [1100 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Yup - this should be a good one. Some big selection decisions for us all to make, and no obvious three or four riders (at least at this stage) that everyone picks. loads of choice even for the sprints and the MMs

Stumps [3415 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Sagan or Griepel to start ? Griepel is used to the climate after Qatar but Sagan is well... is Sagan,,,,,  39

TERatcliffe26 [4660 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Greipel maybe in standard, neither in Purist

0 likes

Yeah, as it stands I'm not tempted by Sagan. I get the impression he's still in playboy mode.

0 likes

He is also alot of credits when you don't know what he is going to do, and the likes of Froome, Nibs and J-Rod are 10 credits cheaper

mtm_01 [196 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I've written up my two cents on the race in the blog - you just can't ignore Sagan but there's so many other options for all the other stages it should throw the fantasy game wide open!

0 likes
mtm_01 wrote:

I've written up my two cents on the race in the blog - you just can't ignore Sagan but there's so many other options for all the other stages it should throw the fantasy game wide open!

Nice blog, with Sagan atm id rather pick a 14 credit Boonen over a 40 credit Sagan

chiv30 [986 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Griepel nor Sagan in i'n purist or std although std could change .....

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Purist team picked, no Sagan or Greipel gone for a team of 2nd stringers apart from Froome dog  26

adholman [74 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

2 questions.......

1. What - if any - are the finish line time bonuses?
2. What is the age limit for the youth competition?

ray silvester [1836 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I'll basically be importing my finishing Qatar team(swapping Bouhanni for DeMare) as my standard hoping that I don't need to change anyone before Green Mountain(except Sagan in for S3 and S4).

Sagan a definite for purist.....just can't afford to not have him and see him win 2 stages....just the one climber(great value too) as I can't see them doing anything until stage 5 so all the competitions will be led by the sprinty allrounders for 4 stages I'd imagine.

Boonen+Terpstra v Sagan+Moser might be a nice battle over the opening 4 stages......I have 3 of them in purist.

chrisdstripes [1733 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Sagan for purist, but wouldn't be surprised if he targets 3 and 4 and sits out 1 and 2, so might change my mind...

Mainly sprinty apart from that, and will try to save transfers...

simon F [1003 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
adholman wrote:

2 questions.......

1. What - if any - are the finish line time bonuses?
2. What is the age limit for the youth competition?

1. 3", 2" and 1" will be awarded to the first 3 riders in intermediate sprints.
10", 6" and 4" will be awarded to the first 3 riders at stage finishes

2. Only riders born on or after 1st January 1989 may take part in the young rider classification.

Other rules at...
http://www.letour.fr/tour-of-oman/2014/us/sporting-stakes-rules.html

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Sprinty standard team minus Sagan, was able to get 3 extra cheapish sprinters in for Sagans price, if they all finish top 12 then it'll be worth the risk  26

0 likes

Well, I've got my teams sorted, barring any last minute roster updates. Mega-busy over the next few days so won't be able to pay too much attention to this one (and TBH have picked more on feel than actual knowledge).

Tour of Oman is usually good craic though. Pity I'll miss it.

sanderville [349 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Is it on the telly?

Stumps [3415 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
Sanderville wrote:

Is it on the telly?

Live on eurosport 2 each morning mate.

Philip Unwin [991 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Thibaut Pinot DNS

Philip Unwin [991 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Early break
Van Hecke (TSV)
Wallays (TSV)
Boem (BAR)
Bazzana (UHC)
2:15 after 5km

JohnnyRemo [161 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

Thibaut Pinot DNS

Doh! - My Purist down two riders before the start - again!

JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

What the hecke, he was my cheapo fill in for a while

JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

What the hecke, he was my cheapo fill in for a while

0 likes
stumps wrote:
Sanderville wrote:

Is it on the telly?

Live on eurosport 2 each morning mate.

Except it is not on today....

0 likes

Pinot is running a temperature of 39, so he was to unwell to start

0 likes

Ditched Boem in my last minute tinkering. Go me  22

johnny2names [198 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Nice blog Matt. I would say stage 2 is a sprinters like stage 1. I rather hope Bouhanni does a bit better than 1 top 10! I see him grabbing a brace of podiums. Also don't see Nibali in the shape to challenge froomedog , but we shall see!

johnny2names [198 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Standard

Greipel
Bouhanni
Swift
Bennett
Markus
Boonen
Bennati
Fortin
Chavanel ( the lesser...)

sanderville [349 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

This 7:00am deadline is a bit of a stinker. I'm crap enough without my domestics pulling out after the deadline on day one.

0 likes
Sanderville wrote:

This 7:00am deadline is a bit of a stinker. I'm crap enough without my domestics pulling out after the deadline on day one.

Oman is 4 hours ahead of us in the UK, and the race started at 11am there time  3

Pages