Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Womens World Cup

Apologies if I'm totally wrong as I've signed up for the FC on my mobile and can't see anything >.<

BUT, is it just the women's world cup that's got lady cyclists in?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Right, all the world cup races are one day events, so they will all be in the same competition.

You will be able to change the whole team between each race, because they are quite far apart, the only race I might put a limit on would be the two Vargarda races, the team time trial and the road race, because most likely, these will be run with the same riders.

I have yet to formalise my full plan regarding the womens tour of Britain and the Giro. But I think, if the first few world cups go ok, I'll see if Dave will set up a separate Tour of Britain for the womens race. I may just leave the Giro off this season though

Nix | 10 years ago
0 likes

I am interested in this, and this thread answers some of my questions.

But I have a few more:
- Are all the women's races going to be added together to make competition going most of the year.
- How are team selections going to work. Will we have limited trades between each event, or can we pick a completely new team for each race.

mooleur | 10 years ago
0 likes

Excellent, v glad you're doing the womens tour mate! & always give me a shout on Twitter if u need a hand with results  1

Gent Wevelgem always gets good coverage if you're looking for another.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Moo'y...hello.

I'll be running the womens races this season. Because I wanted them on the game.

I'll be running these

Boels Rental Ronde van Drenthe
Trofeo Alfredo Binda - Comune di Cittiglio
Ronde van Vlaanderen / Tour des Flandres
La Flèche Wallonne Féminine
The Women's Tour (Tour of Britain)
Tour of Chongming Island World Cup
Giro d'Italia Femminile (Maybe)
Sparkassen Giro
Open de Suède Vargarda TTT
Open de Suède Vargarda
GP de Plouay-Bretagne

So there are two non world cup races. But as TER says. There is a lack of information that comes from the races themselves.

As its the first year running the women alongside the men, it'll be trail and error I'm afraid. But if things go smoothly, I might look at sticking in some more races  3

mooleur | 10 years ago
0 likes

That's fair enough, thanks for clearing up  1

Hopefully this year will once again be a bit better media coverage for us and by next year you'll have lots of races to cover. Seems to be going in that direction.  1

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Its as much to do with the availability of the results, we know we should be able to get the correct information surrounding the world cup races, and also as this is the first time running womens races, we didn't want to put too many. Add to this for a lot of races last year it was difficult to get much official information beyond the top 10 finishers, so no breakaway riders etc, and in some even less information. We only want to run a race if we can get all the information to score a stage correctly.

mooleur | 10 years ago
0 likes

Why only the world cup though?

There's tons of high profile elite womens UCI races & tours that aren't in the world come, some of which run concurrently to the mens, that could be on that list.

Not wanting to come across all Boudicca here but... really!? Considering Wiggles a sponsor here it's a bit of a surprise to find that there's such a minimal choice.  2

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yes that is correct, it contains roughly 10 races throughout the season

Latest Comments