Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cadel Evans leaves Silence Lotto

Cycling Weekly are reporting that Cadel Evans is to leave Silence Lotto at the end of this year, interesting.

Interesting development scratching my head as to who he would fit in with don't see him going to a Spanish or Italian team and the likes of Garmin, Cervelo already have a top boy so to speak. World Champion riding for Team Sky?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

demoff | 14 years ago
0 likes

BMC have now confirmed that Cadel has signed on with them on a 3 year contract.

Fringe | 14 years ago
0 likes

i reckon Ballan would be good second 'right hand man' to go along with Hincapie, wild card for certain.

maybe Contador will join them also.., or perhaps not.

demoff | 14 years ago
0 likes

Hincapie has got a bit more left in his legs and his experience could be invaluable to Cadel, I think Cavendish will miss having Big George and Cadel might finally have found his right hand man.

Like DaSy I would think with Cadel on board they stand a good chance of some wild card invites.

DaSy | 14 years ago
0 likes

Looks like BMC are making a serious bid to be a first tier team, with the likes of Burghardt, Hincapie and Ballan already going to them. That would be some pretty solid backup for any TdF hopes Evans may have for next year...

I would have thought with that kind of line-up, they would be fairly hopeful of a wild card entry for 2010.

demoff | 14 years ago
0 likes

That would tick the boxes.

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

BMC seems like the whisper on the underground grapevine this morning...

Latest Comments