Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

international frame courier?

I need to ship a frame back to the shop in Italy where I bought it. Anyone got any suggestions for the best-value way to do this? (At the moment the best I can find is a cheap Easyjet flight with me on it...)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

fourstringsisplenty | 14 years ago
0 likes

Thanks guys.

I had to move quickly and ended up using UPS. For info, it cost £100 to send a frame weighing 1.1 kg (plus packaging) to Italy, so it sounds like they're very expensive compared to the sources you suggested.

Live and learn!

gandberg | 14 years ago
0 likes

I use www.interparcel.com I recently posted a 12kg set of Husqvarna motox forks to Greece for £48, worked out using volumes and weight instead of just size alone. Interparcel use other couriers like UPS and DHL, and they offer a great service. The website is simple to get quotes from too. Never had any issues using these people.

TheHatter | 14 years ago
0 likes

try parcel2go.com - they check a few couriers and come up with deals that you often need an account to get. I've used them a couple of times both domestic and to Spain and found them to be excellent. A tip is to make the packages as short as possible as a lot of couriers don't carry packages beyond a certain length (can't remember what it is though).

Latest Comments