Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

QuoteZone trying to scare off new cyclists

Jeez, WTF? Talk about putting off new cyclists. I'll be avoiding this website for any quotes.

https://www.quotezone.co.uk/presszone/on-your-bike-cyclists-guide-to-avo...

"Experts at Quotezone.co.uk have warned...", oh yeah, what experts would they be then? Experts in gammonry?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Brauchsel | 8 months ago
2 likes

"bicycle insurance comparison expert at Quotezone.co.uk"

What a thing to have on your CV. 

mark1a | 8 months ago
3 likes

These are the shite articles that are made available so that the "journalists" in local papers can publish content without doing any work other than a quick copy/paste, and in return, the company generating the article gets an inbound link. The Newquest titles are full of them. 

EDIT: we have a winner...

https://www.westwaleschronicle.co.uk/blog/2023/07/25/cyclists-warned-avo...

andystow replied to mark1a | 8 months ago
1 like

This one looks like it was written by a ChatBot, except for the repeated "having the proper lighting requirements" which is awkward to me. I'd use either "having the required lighting" or "having proper lighting." Maybe "meeting the lighting requirements."

quiff replied to mark1a | 8 months ago
3 likes

At least they're honest about it I suppose. The bio at the bottom says:

[Name] has volunteered with CETMA & Red Brand Media for many years and is the first point of call for uploading all articles sent into us. [Name] does not write any articles however if you notice that she is the author of this article, she has uploaded it on behalf of the original author

jaymack | 8 months ago
0 likes

This reminds me of a probably apocryphal story about John Wayne (for the younger reader he was a famous Hollywood actor, think Ronald Reagan but without the talent) doing a sponsored reading raising money for some worthy cause:

'To be...or not to be...christ, who wrote this shit?'

quiff replied to jaymack | 8 months ago
3 likes

jaymack wrote:

John Wayne (for the younger reader... think Ronald Reagan but without the talent)

I think this needs an extra reference point for even younger readers. For Ronald Reagan, think...

jaymack replied to quiff | 8 months ago
0 likes

Yep, you're right a school boy error on my part!

AlsoSomniloquism replied to jaymack | 8 months ago
0 likes

Is that what the scene in "Hail, Ceaser" was loosely based on when a Western star is cast in a serious role.

Hail, Caesar! - Would That It Were So Simple Scene (2/10) | Movieclips - YouTube

Rendel Harris replied to AlsoSomniloquism | 8 months ago
6 likes

Reminds me of a great story in the obituaries for the wonderful Bernard Cribbins last year: Russell Davies called him up and asked if he would be interested in appearing in a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, "I don't know," Bernard replied, "I mean, I'd have to see the script first."

Latest Comments