Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris-Nice

A lot of rosters still to be confirmed here, but I'll keep it updated regularly.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

49 comments

11waterloo replied to jollygoodvelo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Martin was a great pick and points in the bank are usually better than saved transfers! 

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Anybody with Andersen and Hart?....

stevemarks replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

guess who I bought in for SKA?

Dr Winston replied to stevemarks | 3 years ago
0 likes

stevemarks wrote:

guess who I bought in for SKA?

Oh no. I went for that Doubey bloke..I think his cork is well and truly popped already.

Aragonite replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Anybody with Andersen and Hart?....

I have one in standard, the other in purist, + Porte. 

stevemarks | 3 years ago
0 likes

Stroke of luck

That doesn't happen very often! took SKA out at the last moment. as I often do, as I use up my transfers too early and later regret it.

and he's a non starter.

laugh

Aragonite | 3 years ago
0 likes

How far ahead of the ITT world must Ganna be?

11waterloo replied to Aragonite | 3 years ago
0 likes

Absolutely miles I reckon. Would be interesting to see how close Van Aert or a fit Evenepoel could get especially if the course was technical but I suspect he'd still win. Bet you are happy you stuck Cavagna in today - I bottled it & saved the transfer.... poor decision.

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Bissegger looks good. I don't know much about him other than he looks like he may be a TT talent with a second rate sprint. Does he do hills?

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Not a serious climber but hopefully a classics rider in the making. He did well in U23 worlds road race two years ago so he is clearly a good rider away from the TT bike. Would be a shame if he gets pigeonholed as a TT rider only. 

Aragonite replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

*Does hills fine, second in the U/23's WC road race in Yorkshire. Did also end up eighteenth in l'Avenir sane year.

Aragonite replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Looking at other managers transfers, I have probably used a couple too many.  Back to Ganna, I can't see anyone getting close to him in the next few years, unless he chooses to try to make it as a GT contender. Which I think he will try, but maybe that's a few years down the line.

11waterloo replied to Aragonite | 3 years ago
0 likes

I would love him to try some of the cobbled races but he (or his team) don't seem interested. Paris-Roubaix would be perfect for him.

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Pigging hell. Home too late to put Dennis in. That'll be costly.

jollygoodvelo replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Lots of riders quite close, but none matching him yet... Campenaerts and Roglic coming up shortly though.

Dr Winston replied to jollygoodvelo | 3 years ago
0 likes

A very good race in the end as far as TT's go. Campenaerts, Dennis, Lampaert not at their best levelled things up...or maybe the times are changing. I left Dennis until late because I wasn't sure why he lost time over the previous two days...any idea what happened with that?...I was worried he may have been a now show being as I got stung with just about every Covid withdrawal last year.

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

What a field of sprinters....really good.Not many missing.

stevemarks replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

sorry just Hodeg, Ewan, MVDP, WVE, Ballerini Gaviria, Viviani, Sagan and Groenwagen.....Ackermann has been out of sorts Bennet should really walk these sprints.

quote=Dr Winston]

/quote]

stevemarks replied to stevemarks | 3 years ago
0 likes

Should was the operative word obviously

Great work by DSM.

Dennis out of sorts? or did he crash yesterday? he came in a long way down, He'd be a hot hot favourite for today normally but that has just worried me a bit. I expected a price close to evens too, but now nervous about taking 3/1.

stevemarks wrote:

sorry just Hodeg, Ewan, MVDP, WVE, Ballerini Gaviria, Viviani, Sagan and Groenwagen.....Ackermann has been out of sorts Bennet should really walk these sprints.

quote=Dr Winston]

/quote]

Pages

Latest Comments