Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Kinesis Aithein as a winter trainer - am I making a horrible mistake?

Hello there,

I'm currently in the market for a (racy-ish) winter trainer and I'm looking at the Racelight Aithein... 

Conscious it doesn't specifically accomodate mudguards, but there are a couple of work-arounds... More broadly though, am I making a horrible mistake and looking in completely the wrong place for something to see me through the cold, wet months ahead?

Thoughts and experiences welcome!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Daveyraveygravey | 3 years ago
0 likes

I looked at an Aithein when I bought my Propel 5 years.  It was a great bike, but I thought it felt similar to the ally bike I was looking to replace.

I still ride my Propel year round, but am hoping to get some sort of winter bike organised soon.  I haven't been able to fit any mudguards apart from an Ass saver, and wet winter roads really trash it.  The clearances are small so mud and leaves get between the frame and wheels, the brakes get covered in clag, and its Ultegra, so not the cheapest to replace parts when they wear out.  On top of all that, I get covered in shite too!

Latest Comments