Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Garmin 800 help

Can any clever person kindly advise how to deal with this problem with my Garmin 800? Every time I turn it on I get what appears to be a statistics screen (never seen it before), I'll add a picture after this post. If I press the start button nothing happens, if I press the arrow it cycles through a whole load of coloured screens without text on them, then a "beep test" screen, an "ANT" test screen, an HR/cadence/speed/power screen and so back to the beginning. I've tried turning it on and off multiple times and the recommended factory reset procedure (holding down the start and lap buttons whilst turning on) and nothing seems to work. If anyone knows how I can get it functioning again I'd be most grateful.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Rendel Harris | 1 year ago
0 likes

Screen:

chocim replied to Rendel Harris | 1 year ago
1 like

That's diagnostic screen, some users have reported success after pressing power down when in this screen for 10 seconds (forced power off). Others succeeded after connecting the Edge to a PC with a USB cable.

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-1030/143555/stuc...

Rendel Harris replied to chocim | 1 year ago
1 like

That's done it, many thanks! It's done a hard reset so I have to enter the data again but that's no hardship. Brilliant, thanks again.

mark1a replied to Rendel Harris | 1 year ago
1 like

Is the start button stuck down? Diagnostic screen loads if you powert up while holding down start - so if it's stuck somehow, that would happen. 

Rendel Harris replied to mark1a | 1 year ago
1 like

Thanks, I'll check that, I've managed to do a hard reset thanks to the recommendation above but I'll have a look to see if it might happen again. Many thanks.

Latest Comments